Chpt 57

:: Previous: Eventually I pack everything and before leaving my house I left a note on the diner table saying I was gonna be gone for a week. I set the now packed saddle bag on my horse after putting a blanket over them. I gave them a carrot before hopping onto them and setting out for my journey to the Nether portal considering I can't fit my horse through my house. Which sucks. :<::

Before officially setting out for my journey I light the fire inside a lantern I had packed in the storage chests. Hopping on my horse and holding the lantern in front of me I look into the fog. I think for a moment before motioning my horse to move forward. Despite the fog I was certain I would find the Nether portal I went through all those times before receiving my own. Just keep moving the opposite direction the town is and soon you'll get to the edge of the dead lands. I couldn't help but wonder if that place too was covered in snow. Or was the land so dead even snow evaporates there. Well all I need to do now is be patient really. Like always it takes half the day to get there. It sucked believe me. It reminded me of all the times I had to fight through mobs at night when traveling for long periods of time. That was before I decided to join herobrines forces. I let out a yawn before lowering my head to my horse. I was freezing cold. I reach into my bag and pulled out the scarf I had given Herobrine. I fixed it when I was organizing through all those things and thought I would give it to him when we meet again. But for now it will be put to use. I wrap the F/c scarf around my neck before pulling my hood up. Well at least it wasn't too windy. It was all just fog now that I think about it. It gave off a sense of calm and peacefulness since it was turning morning. By then I turned my lamp off for I had no use for it now.
Eventually the fog starts to fade away just enough for me to see ahead. The sound of my stomach growling occurred as the realization that I hadn't eaten hit me. Of course I forgot to eat before leaving. I always do that. It's really starting to become a bad habit. I pull a apple from my bag and took a big bite from it. It's sweetness was enough for me to wake up a bit more. It wasn't long when I started noticing a few mobs walking the same direction as I was. They would take quick glances at me but brush me off. Almost like I was one of them. Soon those few mobs became big groups and to my surprise there was a group of Pillagers with their cross bows and riding those 'illager beasts' is what some called them. I wasn't much of a cross bow person considering I grew up around bows. Though I do find them interesting. After a short while of traveling with others one of the pillagers among the group or tribe walked near me and ended up striking a conversation with me. We talked about weapons of such, mostly the crossbows. Me being the type to stay on peoples good terms, I praised the crossbow. "Yeah, Even though I grew up on regular bows I still find the crossbow quite intriguing." He smiled with glee at my compliment. It always brought a smile on my face when people are happy with my kindness. The guy seemed distracted by the others who were motioning him to do something. Almost like say something to me. The Pillager looks back at me and says "You don't seem like what the rumors say." I looked down at him with a confused look. "What rumors?" I asked. I was aware that there might have been some rumors about me but the way he brought it up made it seem I didn't know much about it. He seemed to have a look of slight surprise but continued "Well word has been going around that you are a obsessed dangerous person. And that you were seducing Herobrine to gain information out of him."
"WHAT!?" I yelled at the top of my lungs in utter shock which startled others around us and to look back at me. I shrink down a bit in embarrassment. "So they aren't true?" The Pillager asked. I vigorously shook nodded. "Well I'll admit I'm a little interested in him but seducing him to gain information? That's completely untrue!" I said with a stern tone while looking straight ahead. Everyone turned there heads back straight. The Pillager placed a a hand on his chin seemingly thinking. "Who even came up with that??" I asked the Pillager which snapped him out of his thoughts. "Word started getting out from the castle in the over world. It already had spread to most of the mobs as far as I know." He answered. I bit my bottom lip in distress before letting out a groan. Who would even start that!? And why!?? He said it started at the overworld castle... no... it couldn't have been. The thought of Makenzie starting a rumor like that. No. She... she would do something like that. I always knew she was the petty queen but I was not expecting this from her. Than again it could of been from anyone. It's probably best I confirm who really did it before pointing fingers. I looked at the Pillager who was starring at me with concern. "Do you know who might of started this rumor?" I asked. "Nope. But my brother might know someone who works within the castle that knows who." He replied. I sighed in slight relief. "Alright. Would you mind taking me to him after this mission?" I asked the Pillager. He nods with a small smile. "If it helps I can try an tell people that the rumors aren't true." He said. I looked at him slightly confused "You don't believe the rumors?" He shakes his head with a chuckle "Me and the buddies know it isn't true due to what we saw you do to that pigman a long while ago, and what he had said about you being obsessed with the lord." I blink in surprise before groaning. Of course the pigman would say something. What even was his name again? Mmmm Blake? Whatever... Even though I'm keeping a calm demeanor deep down I'm absolutely pissed off. If Makenzie is really the one behind this rumor I'm gonna give her a real piece of my mind.... you know... it would be easier to just.. kill her and be done with it... WAIT. WHAT AM I THINKING? She's another human. Besides I don't think Herobrine would be happy with the fact I might of ruined a business deal. I shiver at the thought of Herobrine angered by me taking action of 'ridding' Makenzie from this world. I tried to shake off the worries I had and zone out into my own world until we got there.