Chapter 133 - The Old School Wedding

The event around us is not at all what we were told it would be. In fact per the invitation the event would be 30 people and a quite romantic thing for friends and family. However upon our arrival we learned this wasn't at all the case and instead we were trapped in the worst thing of all... an old fashion pureblood wedding.

These weddings were massive events that made the bride and groom look like royalty. In fact some of these weddings rivalled that of royalty. They had live animals, circus performers, crowds of thousands, and live bands not one band like three each with different styles to cover the whole venue. These gala weddings mostly died down when the war started and after the war most of the ones who had the money for them were in Azkaban or now rejected the blood superiority they went along with these weddings. However Pansy and Astoria had to always be extra. Already pushing the wedding with it being gay they must have decided to push the box and reclaim the fame and attention these large weddings got. Very typical of the pair.

"Ugh It's one of these weddings," Draco says upon our arrival. I look around the venue to see the thousands of people enjoying the astonishing sights around us. "A fucking circus? A whole circus? And neither of them fucking worse which is the worst part. People are dying from starvation and this-"

"Draco honey I love the enthusiasm but we are rich," I say to him, "two old money families we are just as bad even if we work."

"Well-"

"No we are just as bad," I say to him. My eyes trail around the unfamiliar faces. These must be the crashers. With weddings like these it's standard to have about three hundred people just showing up. The groups separate in about four different sections. Firstly the crashers who always show up early and leave late. Then the ones who got a notice but not a technical invite but show up anyways. The second biggest group are the families of other noble and rich families who are invited to the reception and not the ceremony but don't bother to show up until a couple minutes before the reception starts to make sure they aren't around the crashers too long. And finally the last group is the smallest they are the people who attended the ceremony. Mostly family and friends of the couple mixed with a couple people of power who might be invited like the minister in some cases or a famous witch or wizard. "I hate these weddings." Draco stops then looks back at me.

"Let's tell them your water broke," he offers, "i mean seriously we leave then tomorrow send them an ow that says it was a false alarm and we are real sorry we missed it."

"No Draco that's awful!" I exclaim. He sighs then makes a point to express that he was joking. However our years together makes me realise it wasn't a joke at all. In fact if i was willing he was ready to play the card.

"Are you sure?"

"Yes I'm sure," I say to him. He takes my hand in defeat then leads us deeper into the crowd towards the ceremony venue. In typical old wedding fashion they found one of the only churches that survived Voldemort's first attack. It's old real old. Back when witches and wizards lived in covens and worshipped the old gods. Those days were left behind when covens dissolved allowing for the new system of ministry's and congresses to come into affect. This church is large taller than anything I've ever seen and the stain glass windows towered over us in beautiful colours making art on them. The center one on the outside has a circle of witches holding hands together they moves around humming an old gospel hymn.

"My great grandfather got married in this church," Draco tells me, "my mum always talks about it. How magical this church is. It's like Hogwarts in the regard that even the building itself seems powerful."

"It's intimidating," I tell him, "to look at this building. It's been here for centuries. And for all those old churches to be lost this one remained."