Chapter 16- The Chamber Of Secrets??

"'Enemies of the Heir, beware,'" Draco reads off from the wall to the now rather large crowd. I had now joined the trio. "You'll be next, Mudbloods."

"Oh hush it Draco!" I yell snapping my attention to him. I could see the pain in his eyes as I yell. I decided to ignore it and turn back to the wall.

"Its just a warning," He spits back.

"What's going on here?" Flich says as he approaches the crowd, "Go on. Make way, make way. Potter? What are you...? Mrs. Norris?" He looks at his cat hanging by its tail. "You've murdered my cat."

"No. No," Harry assures.

"I'll kill you. I'll kill you!" Filch yells.

 "-Argus! Argus, I..." Dumbledore says as he approaches with the teaches. He looks at the scarlet covered wall and stops, "Everyone will proceed to their dormitories immediately. Everyone except... you four." He sends us an empty look. I was not about to be a scapegoat. 

"Ravenclaws, follow me," Someone yells. The bustling of students soon turns to silence as the teachers peer down at us.

"She's not dead, Argus," Dumbledore announces, "She has been Petrified."

"Thought so," Lockhart says, "So unlucky I wasn't there. I know exactly the countercurse that could've spared her."

"No  you didn't," I say. McGonagall and Snape look at me with wide eyes. "I mean 5 points from Slytherin." I bit my tongue to make sure I don't open my mouth again.

"But how she has been Petrified, I cannot say," Dumbledore.

"Ask him. It's him that's done it. You saw what he wrote on the wall," Filch says.

"It's not true, sir. I swear," Harry says, "I never touched Mrs. Norris."

"And no one wants to touch that filthy cat," I say. The same dirty look and I sigh, "What its true!.... Ugh fine... I mean 5 more points from Slytherin."

"If I might, headmaster? Perhaps Potter and his friends were just in the wrong place at the wrong time," Snape says, "However.... the circumstances are suspicious. I, for one, don't recall seeing Potter at dinner."

"I'm afraid that's my doing, Severus," Lockhart says, "You see, Harry was helping me answer my fan mail."

"That's why Ron and I went looking for him, professor," Hermione says they look at me. And I sigh.

"Same," I lie. I hadn't even realized Harry wasn't there. I was to busy being mad at Draco.

"We'd just found him when he said-" Hermione says drawing the attention off of me.

"Yes, Miss Granger?" Snape asks.

"When I said I wasn't hungry," Harry adds. This also probably a lie knowing Harry, "We were heading back to the common room when we found Mrs. Norris."

"Innocent until proven guilty, Severus," Dumbledore says.

"My cat has been Petrified," Filch whines, "I want to see some punishment!"

"We will be able to cure her, Argus," Dumbledore says, "As I understand it, Madam Sprout has a very healthy growth of Mandrake. When matured, a potion will be made which will revive Mrs. Norris. And in the meantime... I strongly recommend caution... to all." 

******

   "Could I have your attention, please?" Professor McGonagall asks. We look up and she starts to speak, "Right. Now, today, we will be transforming animals... into water goblets. Like so." She turns to the large bird perched onto her desk and pulls out her wand. "One, two, three. Vera Verto." It turns into a overly fancy silver goblet and she turns to us. "Now it's your turn. Who would like to go first? Mr. Weasley."