Chapter 47- The Second Task

Since the article had come out and Hagrid had returned to teaching, his lessons had turned to the safe side. Which so far was just daily unicorn facts. Which was neat the first weak but it was getting old fast. I kinda even missed that little bastard Jerry. 

  "Easier ter spot than the adults, " Hagrid tells the class. "They turn silver when they're abou' two years old, an' they grow horns at aroun four. Don' go pure white till they're full grown, 'round about seven. They're a bit more trustin when they're babies... Don mind boys so much... C'mon, move in a bit, yeh can pat 'em if yeh want... Give 'em a few o' these sugar lumps..." I stay back away from the unicorn much to Draco's surprise.

"No unicorn today?" He asks.

"I'm over unicorns," I admit, "I want more danger. I wan't something that can kill me!"

"She's mad pal," Blasie says to Draco, "seriously mad."

"I'm not mad just bored," I groan. I sigh and lean agaisnt the fence around the unicorns, "ya know Draco unicorns kinda remind me of you."

"Not like a Dragon or a serpent?" He asks.

"Nope a unicorn," I tell him as the group around us chuckles.

"Piss off," He tells the group.

*****

  "Harry you literally have hours!" I yell as we flip through the spell books. While I had thought he had this under control I was informed by Hermione that he didn't. Not in the slightest, he knew he had to be underwater for an hour. But not how to hold his breath for that long.

  "Really because I didn't know that!" Harry yells back. I roll my eyes and shoot a quick spell at the tower of books to knock one on top of his head. "Ow! Y/n!"

 "Don't be a dick," I groan.

"Take two pints of water, half a pound of shredded mandrake leaves, and a newt... " Harry reads off.

"I don't reckon it can be done, " Ron says flatly from the other side of the table. "There's nothing. Nothing. Closest was that thing to dry up puddles and ponds, that Drought Charm, but that was nowhere near powerful enough to drain the lake. "

"There must be something, " Hermione mutters, moving a candle closer to her.  "They'd never have set a task that was undo able. "

"They have, " Ron says, "Harry, just go down to the lake tomorrow, right, stick your head in, yell at the merpeople to give back whatever they've nicked, and see if they chuck it out. Best you can do, mate. "

"Yeah because the merpeople will just love that," I say as I run a hand through my purple locks. 

"There's a way of doing it!" Hermione says crossly. "There Just has to be!"

"Ask your boyfriend," I tease. She rolls her eyes and ducks down into her book.

"I know what I should have done, " Harry says resting, face-down on his bookm "I should've learned to be an Animagus like Sirius."

 "Yeah, you could've turned into a goldfish any time you wanted!" Ron says.

 "Or a frog, " Harry yawns.

"Or a shark," I say, "you'd scare of Fluer at least."

 "It takes years to become an Animagus, and then you have to register yourself and everything, " Hermione says, "Professor McGonagall told us, remember... You've gotto register yourself with the Improper Use of Magic Office ... What animal you become, and your markings, so you can't abuse it... "

"Hermione, I was joking, " Harry says, "I know I haven't got a chance of turning into a frog by tomorrow morning... "

"Oh this is no use, " Hermione says snapping her book shut, "Who on earth wants to make their nose hair grow into ringlets?"