Chapter 28 - Quidditch the Game that only a few go missing from.

"You're in," Draco says sliding beside me. We were waiting for Professor Lupin to show up. I look up the blond.

    "What?" I ask him. My e/c eyes locking with his grey ones.

  "You're in," he repeats, "you're the newest member of the Slytherin Qudditch team."

 "Don't I need to like try out for that?" I ask. He shakes his head.

"No," He says, "one of our beaters just quit. And we need a new one. So I talked to Marcus and told him that you should be it. Seeing as the guy wouldn't of even got the spot last year if you would of tried out."

"Well duh," I say to him, "so I really have a spot?"

"Yes love," He says, "you're on the team." I pull him into a hug and squeal happily causing other to look over at us.

"This is awesome!" I squeal. They door opens and I pull away from Draco. It was Snape. He walks to the board and pull down a  sheet for the projector and uses magic to slam all the windows closed.

"Turn to page 394," Snape says. I pull my book towards me and flip open the page.

"Where's Professor Lupin?" Harry asks.

"That's not really your concern, is it, Potter? Suffice it to say your professor finds himself incapable of teaching...... at the present time," Snape says walking to the projector, "Turn to page 394."

"'Werewolves?'" Ron asks.

"Sir, we just learned about red caps and hinkypunks. We're not meant to start that for weeks," Hermione says.

"Quiet," Snape groans.

"Now, which one of you can tell me the difference.....between an Animagus and a werewolf?" Snape asks. Hermione raises her hand high but like normal nothing, "No one? How disappointing."

"Please, sir," She says desperately, "An Animagus is a wizard who elects to turn into an animal. A werewolf has no choice. With each full moon.....he no longer remembers who he is. He'd kill his best friend. The werewolf only responds to the call of its own kind." Draco howls loudly from beside me. I roll my eyes.

"Thank you, Mr. Malfoy," Snape says, "That's the second time......you've spoken out of turn, Miss Granger. Are you incapable of restraining yourself......or do you take pride in being an insufferable know-it-all?" 

"He's got a point, you know," Ron says.

"Five points from Gryffindor," Snape says as Draco tosses a note to Harry, "As an antidote to your ignorance, and on my desk, by Monday morning.....two rolls of parchment on the werewolf, with emphasis......on recognizing it." Everyone groans loudly.

"It's Quidditch tomorrow," Harry says. Snape leans onto the table in disgust.

"Then I suggest you take extra care, Mr. Potter. Loss of limb will not excuse you. Page 394," Snape barks, "The term 'werewolf'......is a contraction of the Anglo-Saxon word "wer"......which means 'man,' and 'wolf.' Werewolf, man-wolf. There are several ways to become a werewolf. They include being given the power of shape-shifting......being bitten by a werewolf..." I doze off not really caring what Snape says.

******

  "Draco you're fine," I say as he adjusts his sling. We were walking together as he clutches my hand. 

   "That stupid bird broke my arm," He exclaims, "I'm not fine!"

"Ugh," I groan, "fine. You're right you are so injured."

"Don't mock me," He whines. I just chuckle. 

"But you make it so easy to," I say causing him to shut up. I kiss his cheek. "I'm sorry Draco I'll stop."