Chapter 124 - Teddy and Victoiree Learn to Fly!

"Alright Harry the safest way to do this is if you listen to me," I say to him as he holds the brooms in his arms above the Toddlers as they jump for them. He attempts to keep them away from the toddlers. "Are you gonna be okay with that?"

"Honestly not at all," Harry says. I growl lightly under my breath. "Oi don't be such a buzzkill. Y/n I know what I'm doing. I was a quidditch captain too."

"Harry you almost died every single match you played in," I say to him as I fold my arms over my chest. The wind blows my hair lightly as I attempt to hold my serious expression. Harry, Teddy, Victoire, and I were sitting in a field a little bit from my house preparing to teach the toddlers how to fly on their toy brooms. We've been waiting a bit for the January weather to relax on us. Finally as the end of the month neared we got a clear week. Meaning no snow or any weather dangers to teaching the two to fly in a more realistic way. So here we are with their two brooms and mine and Harry's real brooms trying to prepare. 

"I was a great flyer," He says to me. I roll my eyes. "Fine fine I'll listen to you."

"Good," I say to him, "first we want the padding. Helmets, knee pads, elbow pads. The whole lot. Andromeda and Fleur will be pissed if we return them with any broken bones."

"We won't return them with any broken bones because we have Skelegrow," Harry says looking to me. I scoff.

"No we don't!" I exclaim, "and I'm not a healer who is certified to treat that level on injury so Harry please promise me you will be extremely careful."

"Sounds boring," He teases.

"Harry!" I exclaim.

"Fine fine," He says attempting to calm me down, "alright you help Teddy." I nod as the boy runs to me. He holds his orange helmet in his hands bouncing excitedly.

"I wanna fly!" He exclaims, "I wanna fly so I can play quidditch like you and Harry!" I chuckle at the declaration.

"Oh is that so?" I ask him, "well then we'll make sure you get it down. Alright so come here Teddy." I fix all the padding as he moves excitedly. I see his hair turn to the purple color of my hair. I smile lightly. He loves me so much. Which is great because I love him so so much. My little Teddy boy. As I fasten the helmet he starts to fidget more. I realize the this energy is literally bubbling inside him. At least with this we can send him home tired for Andromeda. She needs the break since he has become more and more of a ball of pure energy. 

"I'm gonna be a pro just like you!" He declares. I smile at him. 

"You can be anything you want," I say to him as I boop the tip of his nose. He giggles at the action. I look back over to Harry to see him struggling to adjust Victories' helmet. Right now its titled to the side of her head. I sigh moving to help him. "Harry Potter you are helpless." I kneel beside him adjusting the strap easily.  

"You are kinda a natural as this parent type," Harry says as he looks up at me. I chuckle as I stand. 

"Remember when the tables were turned?" I ask him, "Being alone with Teddy terrified me. Now he's my boy. You made me realize I can do this." He smiles as he stands. 

"Aren't I such a great friend?" He asks me. I punch his arm.

"My best friend you loser," I say to him. He chuckles. "No really when I think about it you were my first ever friend and you and I have always been the closet out of the bunch."

"What do you have a crush on me or something?" He teases. I laugh at the statement.

"You caught me Harry," I joke, "no but really don't mess this up you are my best friend."