57. Discoveries.

~ZAYN'S POV~

I LOOKED AWAY FROM THE DINNING TABLE, lowered my gaze on my phone as i reclined on the sofa.

Stuck with my own thoughts, I couldn't bear the fear that came with it and at the same time i cant push them at the back of my mind because they keep coming back.

The fear and the feelings.

With the guys waiting for the bet results, and me falling for Tania. Like a stupid fool, I get even crazier any time I set my eyes on her.

"You know it's still stupid, right?" Mallika broke the silence ,the beeping sounds from her cellphone overshadowing the popular song  played on the cable TV.

I turned towards her direction,she was seated on the couch,her eyes on her cellphone.

"One time you were like I can prove this, another time you were like I want to crack her and now you are head over heels in love with her. Isn't that stunningly stupid?"

"Hey! keep your voice down,mom might hear you" I faked a glare at her,one part of me wanting to take another look at the adjoined kitchen again.

After dinner, the two of us had taken turns on the chairs while mother and her friend settled in the dinning table discussing in what sounded like serious low tones. Getting mother involved in this is the last gift Mallika would ever think of giving me. Although mom likes Tania,but i doubt if she would like the idea of her beloved son dating her.

"Aw...look who's scared, are you sure pity is not what you have for Tania?"

"Mallika" I stated lazily "I am not ready for your goading tonight, I have better things to do with my time"

The sound of Zara Larsson's Symphony filled the air.

"Duh whatever, and just so you know, if Tania decides to date only-God-knows-who, it's a proof that even girls like her fall in love too"

"What about girls like her? "

"You haven't gotten the whole drill? Jeez,dude. Girls like Tania are introverted nerds who are stuck with their books and nothing else. She getting attention from a guy means she is not as heartless as we-

" You " I cut in with a smirk.

"As i once thought her to be" she rolled her eyes in defeat.

"I wonder how you guys ended up on talking terms" Now i was in the mood to do the whole goading story.

"You used to be like her number one enemy,the one with the load of names for her and all,what changed?"

Mallika heaved a sigh, lifting her eyes up from her cellphone to stare at me.

"I don't know...maybe changed itself happened? People change,you know"

"Whatever, end of story" I wasn't prepared or planning on listening to the rest of her testimony, I might get bored or interested in the story and the source.

"Pfft.." My sister shot me a deadpan stare, her attention now shifted back on her phone.

Ignoring her,i reached for my phone and fished out one of my favourite games.

Suddenly Mallika's face brightened up "Oh guess who's online now"

"Dunno.... Beyonce Knowles? " I blurted in a sick attempt of making a joke out of it.

But the minute I saw her squinted eyes, I knew I was in for it.

"Ugh... Who is online? " I couldn't help myself.