18. Dad's plan.

Have you ever wondered how TANIA'S father looks like?  Here is the gist. Meet Chiwetel Ejiofor -Mr Jacob Owens

~•TANIA'S POV•~

"DAD!! " I YELLED SO HAPPILY as i ran into his arms.

He had just alighted from his Bentley two minutes ago,clad in his usual stylish suit and tie which I must say really made him appear more like a secret agent. He is all about the business goals.

But it's cool with me anyways, my dad is back.

Me time is over.

I had arrived few hours ago, looking out the curtains, waiting endlessly for mother to return home. Even though I ate crackers and chocolates, I felt empty, because no matter how much you eat, it doesn't make you happy at times, more so my mother is my everything, a day without her is always boring,i have been trying to learn how to adapt to her work schedules and lateness but it's difficult, for a teenager who doesn't have anybody except her family.

But Dad showed up...

I released myself from his grip and helped him with his suitcase "How was your trip? "

He loosened his tie as we walked away from the parkway.

"It was tiring, how was school today?"

I blinked "Cool....i guess? "

"Oh my.. I am starving so bad I can eat you right now ."

We chuckled at his silly joke which never get a laugh... most times.

"Where's your mother, is she in? "

I needed to come clean, there is no use trying to cover up for a busy woman like mom. Any lies, I'm gone.

"She hasn't returned from work."

Maybe I don't need to say all the details.

"What?  She told me she'd be able to meet up when I get back.. What-

I interrupted him, treating him to one of my infectious smile "We can always try a recipe, Dad... Spaghetti, lasagna.. We can always give it a try".

I hate to admit, I am a bad cook. Last time I tried to cook noodles, it burnt, like burnt so bad I took it for a black pudding. I tried cooking other dishes like rice but it turned out to be a useless effort because it wasn't salty enough and it wasn't well cooked. Anytime I tried to inform mom about this ugly side of mine, she brings up topics about business and stuffs that deals with ladders to success.

"No worries, kid, I will treat you to one of my delicacies, I tell you what?  That was how I got your mother, one of the reasons actually. "

"That's great,can't wait".

I stared ahead at our white duplex,surrounded by bougainvillea and hibiscus flowers, other buildings were nothing like ours cause Mom ordered one of her staffs to have flowers planted in our compound. She said it gave her this nostalgic  feeling .

I reached our porch and waited for Dad.

Finally I'll get to eat an healthy meal...

                                .¤¤¤¤¤¤.

"This is so bad! "

Actually..when I said I would eat something healthy, I wasn't referring to a burnt yam and a burnt gravy....

I meant good food.

"Oh.. My god! " Dad covered his nose with a kitchen napkin  .