15. No friends, no conversations (2).

•A good friend is cheaper than therapy.•

~TANIA'S POV~

"HEY..."

I resumed back to my reading ,my heart in my mouth ,trying to block the sensation I was feeling, funny sensations that wasn't there before he walked in smelling of mint.

.. He is so tempting.

"Today is a such bright day" he spoke with evident happiness.

Mother used to tell me that having competitions makes you weak and less defensive,and I truly agree with her.  Right from creche, I have always being the genius in the class, the one winning all round, she once told how I won the State spelling bee competition without fear.

Without fear...

Nothing stopped me from getting my grades up . I used to be the light in this class, I get the answers right, I solve the calculations and earn my points well.

Then he came out from nowhere.

He answered the questions... without fear.

He made me look like a fool in front of everybody, as if that wasn't enough, he became the next big thing.

I made him popular... Thanks to my foolishness.

"Are you always this silent every time, it's cool, okay?  It's just not fair when it turns into an habit, your habit which is most likely to be seen as irrational, just so you know, not everyone loves silent treatment".

I pursed my lip, swallowing every saliva left on my tongue.

He seems friendly.

It's bothering me ...

...You are not allowed to make friends with benefits, or any friends at all, they are never trustworthy..

..and the damn rule still stands Tania!!  No friends.

People are just there, Tania, they don't want you to succeed.

"You know if I were you I would acknowledge the fact that we are all human and we deserve to be treated like one"

I snapped out of my thoughts and looked up to meet the inquisitive expression on his face.

"And if I were you... ." I closed my book just in time to meet his brown eyes which was staring deep into mine.

I wasn't wearing the 'be gentle on him' shirt, he needed to back off.

"..I would acknowledge the fact that some people hate to engage in useless talks that won't even dare bring food to the table ".

"I think that's overrated"

"No, you are overrated"

He folded his arms as he reclined on the bench "You are being cold-

"That's my style".

He licked his lower lip "You didn't just say that".

"Sorry to disappoint you, I just did".

He smiled at me "You are so impossible "

"Do I have to be friends with you? "

His brows knitted "For two good reasons, yes".

I frowned at that word "Two good reasons? Pfft.. You sound like my saviour right now "

"You just brought that up yourself, so don't use it against me".

"Why will I ever wanna use that against you? "

He lightly shrugged "You look like a girl who could use a point or two to appear justifiable".

"For a guy who got popular overnight, you are more like a pain in the butt".

I saw the amused look on his face.

"Last thing I want right now is to have a conversation with you... literally".

"And you think that's cool with everyone you meet? You look down on them and you snob them because you feel that's the best way to avoid conversations? "

What the-

"Excuse me? "

"That's what you do,Miss, you shut people out just for no reasons-

I cut in,cringed with embarrassment "You don't know me-

"You don't know me either, so stop acting like you do. Dude, I was just trying to get to know you. FYI not everyone is a pain in the butt. "

This is not good for you Tania, just back out already.

My subconscious sounded frightened.

"Well, newsflash you are one".

"Don't make me laugh, seriously?  You sound like I hit your dog with my car".

I smirked "Difference is... You don't own a car "

"That makes absolutely no sense-

"Now you know? "

Oh my I am winning this.

He turned away from me "What's your deal? You wake up, snob people like its your job, act like you can walk on water ,you-

"Since this conversation is heading nowhere ,why don't you give it up and go kiss some frogs?" This guy is pushing my button.

I am so angry I could burn the whole building.

"Oh that's what you think I wanna do... with.. with you?  Oh please I'd rather sleep with hotties than to get you laid".

"You know what.." I balled my fist, my teeth grinding hard against each other "Why don't you get yourself a good partner ?"

"Thanks for admitting how bad you suck when it comes to partnership"

Hmmphm.

"Seriously?! " I shot him a glare.

Hmm hmm.

"Um... Miss Tania? "

I raised my head to look at the... Oh no, a teacher was staring at us with a smile.

A dangerous smile in the world of teachers.

"Mrs Joyce" I muttered. Hell, I was so lost in the conversation I forgot about the economics class.

Mrs Joyce in two word?

Despicable and dangerous.

She is one of the best teachers in Brights ville, a guru at Economics, she doesn't tolerate any form of indiscipline or discussions in class but now that she caught me exchanging words with the new guy?

Trust me, Its over..

"Miss Tania, out of my class".

Feisty, isn't it?  These guys really need to take a break.

Team Tania or Team Zayn, which one are you?

Thank you for not leaving, I appreciate your kind gesture. Never forget to drop a comment  😁😁😁😁😁😁.