35. Chats 'n' Crushes

~TANIA'S POV~
I reached the noisy cafeteria , looking around as I steadied my steps towards the counter. Being away from school for
two days . I don't know but it's different, really different it's making me feel different myself,its like I missed out on something .

I reached the food bar and served myself  fried crisp potatoes and chicken dipped in sauce.

"Wow, guess who is back, it's the snob!" A fat guy yelled at soon as he saw me, and this attracted lots of attention.

"Hey Tania! what the hell happened to you, I thought you were dead! " Amelia, one of the queen bees cheekily waved at me .

"Loser! "

I caught a glimpse of Henrietta smile at me briefly before facing her boyfriend who looks like he has been trying to stuff words into her head.

"....Ronaldo is a great player, Messi is a pro too, I just think everyone has to stop the comparison because these two are not competitors, they are players, what we don't know is this, we keep hating on them, tweeting, saying all kinds of mean things but it doesn't stop their cash from rolling in...

Jack's voice trailed off as I walked further, my nervousness setting in.

I was about to reach the other side of the hall when I saw Zayn and a girl seated in an intimate position,their faces at close range. And right there, i felt my heart beat faster,saliva becoming too hard for me to swallow.

Wh-what is wrong with me?

"Hey, come over i saved you a seat" I heard a female speak behind me.

I averted my gaze from the two,to see  Imelda seated on an empty table, gently slapping a seat beside the window,a warm smile on her face.

"Imelda? Thanks, but I'm good-

She grunted "Seriously? You think you can eat with these goons staring at you like you are some clown dressed in a wedding gown. "

She craned her neck "Mmm, one is secretly drooling over you from a distance, I think you are a star already, funny thing is, he is handsome ".

I smiled and walked over to the table "Thanks... for this".

"Yeah, you are welcome "she stabbed her fork in her meal."So how is your day going? "

"Boring " I never had the chance to see Zayn in the class, but seeing him here with a lady looks too good to be true.

"Mine was pretty good, I learnt a lot about Desdemona".

"Othello? "

"Yeah, Othello. " Imelda sipped her Diet Coke.

"Hey" A familiar figure approached our table. A girl who goes by the name Mallika.

"I'm not greeting her " she points at Imelda,without waiting for instructions, she sits beside her,dropping her bottle of fanta and sausage roll on the table.

"Mallika". I spoke under my breath.

Imelda grabbed her tray "O... K, I think this is the perfect time to-

"Get out? "

She gave an affected smile "Yes, so um...see you later, Tania"

"Imel-" I tried stopping her from leaving but too late, she is long gone. "That isn't cool, Mallika, not even a slightest".