30. My wanted guest.

"I DON'T KNOW"

"Why?"

" It sounds too lame for me, i can surely tell you that I haven't cheated before in my life"

Grandma laughed.

" I don't know how it works, you know.... i have lots of students in my class that actually cheats whenever it's exam period "

Grandma relaxed on my bed "Should I tell you a secret, I once cheated back in my salad days".

I spoke amidst chuckling "Grandma!  That's so ....surprising".

"Oh please, we all have our history back in the days, we make bucket lists, we try to live the life and enjoy"

I folded her clothes neatly on my bed, piling it up one by one.

"Bucket list? What's that? "

She smoothened her silk dress "Oh, bucket list... It's like this set of rules you wish to accomplish before you die.... since I was young back then, i wasn't looking forward to dying, so I gave my bucket list a good meaning".

I shrugged, suddenly interested in the topic "How? "

"Good question, my dear. I partied, dated and well...did some funny things to my teacher. My definition of bucket list is rules you are willing to accomplish before you leave high school or like this rule you set up
for yourself, crazy, wild you name it".

"Oh" I nodded my head in affirmation, but I remembered she said something that caught me off-guard " Grandma!  You dated in high school? "

Grandma shrugged her shoulders as if it doesn't have any effect on her.

"Sure I did... Most of my friends were into it, and so was I. Don't call it peer pressure or anything, I made it up myself".

I frowned, shock and awe staring back at me in the face. If Grandma dated in school, then mom.....

"Your mom? " She said few minutes after I asked her "I think so too, I heard she moved around with wayward friends during her high school days".

Wow.

"You didn't do anything to stop her?  I thought dating-

"Sex, drugs, abortion... All that stuff? Girl, back in the days there was nobody to stop us ,everyone was busy minding their own business. But now that I think of it,not dating in high school doesn't remove one ounce of strength from us, as a matter of fact, it almost killed some, but those who stay together till the end of time are the luckiest ".

"Hmmm,so this bucket list of yours?".

She stared at me as I arranged her stuffs into one of my biggest boxes. After Dad brought her a takeaway meal, she had decided to keep me company in exchange for a favour.

Arrange my clothes somewhere safe.

"You don't want to hear about it, trust me". She had this interesting look on her face.

"C'mon grandma".

"You know what a bucket list is... hey! you don't have a bucket list? "

She gave me a penetrated look "OK, OK yeah you are right, i don't have a bucket list,you can mock me now".

"Well, I won't mock you, not everyone knows about bucket list,its okay to be a little bit clueless about things.

"Anyways.... i remembered my first rule to be about making it past grade ten with the help of my friends who cheat... a lot"