45. Friends with benefits .

Happy by Pharrell Williams.

~TANIA POV~

HIS IMAGE FLASHED RIGHT in my face,his eyes that screamed horror when it met mine.

I remembered biting my tongue, fighting within, to resist the bare sight of his chest. I don't know why he seemed so shock but I guess I did have an eyeful..of him.

Heavens!

Although I was with aunty Lilian fit what seemed like minutes, I wasn't able to get my mind off his sight,it was as if my mind was glued to the particular picture of his face,which I must say was dangerously epic. I hate to admit but I kind of like epic.

"Wakey Wakey,rise and shine"

I felt the rays of sunlight invading the darkness in my room,filling the corners of my eyes.

"Time to get up"

"I don't want to go to school today " I mumbled,as I hugged my teddy bear tight to my chest,already replaying Zayn's image on a loop.

The shocked expression on his face when he saw me,the interesting smile on Mallika's face and the wet.....

Stop Tania it's time to go back to earth..

"....you are going to be late and -

I cut her off "Okay, I'm out of bed now. "

Not waiting for her response, I lazily jumped out of bed.

"Morning grandma". I said, touching my rough weaves,

"That's no way to greet your grandmother, Tania"

A broad smile flitted across my lips as I hugged her "Good morning grandma"

"Mm" she had that infectious smile on her face.

I smiled "What? "

"The Tania I know would have easily complained, you look different this morning".

"Mm" I slowly pulled away "I am speechless"

"Oh, speechless now? My granddaughter is never speechless" she bursted out laughing "Tell me, what happened on Saturday? "

"Grandma! Nothing happened on Saturday "

"There is something fishy, my granddaughter is hiding something from me "

"Wow, really? " I faked a shocking face "What can that be? "

"Who knows?  Ever since she came back from wherever she went on Saturday, she has been acting strange. Don't you think it's best she tells someone about it? "

"Grandma?!"

"C'mon tell me, I won't tell a soul"

I slipped my feet in my flip-flop and approached my closet "There is nothing to talk about. OK... OK... how about this? I paid my friend a visit"

Um...The Roberts are your friends now?

You are so pathetic, Tania..

I ignored my subconscious and took a deep breath.

The Roberts are friends, my friends..?

"You have a friend?!  How come you never told me?! " she is now staring at me like I just told her I took a selfie with Priyanka chopra.

"Easy, grandma, i only mentioned the word 'friend' not 'a guy". I bent downwards to smoothen my bed.

"Besides I am always like this, happy and excited. This is my normal strange".