26. Meeting Mrs Owens.

~ZAYN'S POV~
"ARE YOU OKAY? " i couldn't keep my eyes off her.

She has been fidgety for a while now, it all started the minute we rushed into mom's car.

Few minutes ago, she was smiling back at me, but now it's like everything had changed, as much as I loved the conversation we had last night, I am willing to make another one with her right now, at least to know what's eating her up.

"Is everything okay, Zayn?" Mother asked from where she sat, driving us past the traffic lights.

Tania perched on the backseat "Sure, everything is fine, Mrs Roberts ".

Mallika looked at her from the front seat, taking her time to digest whatever it is she was checking out on her face "You are sweating, as if you just ended a marathon. "

"Sweating? " she touched her face.

True to Mallika's words, the girl was sweating profusely.

"Wait, I hope it's not a stomach ache or something, do you want me to stop the car? "

"No.. No... I am perfectly okay, I just get get sweaty after having a cup of tea"

We exchanged quick glances, her eyes blinking endlessly.

I am confused, so confused.

"Tea allergies? Never heard of that before". Mallika spoke in a munchkin voice.

"Beats me" Mother muttered.

"Don't worry, when we get to your place, I am sure you will feel better ,directions please?" she added.

"All you just have to do is turn left, you will see a signpost somewhere "

Mother obeyed.

"OK, what's written on the signpost?"

"Adora Estate".

"Okay" Mother drawled.

"There we have house painted in the same colour-

"I see one painted in cream now".

"Ours is painted in cream but has a tiny bit of white to it".

I watched as she described her house. Something is wrong somewhere, I don't know if others are feeling the same too, but I honestly believe it has to do with Tania returning home.

I hope it doesn't have anything to do with a wicked uncle or a brutal aunt.

"We.. are home already". She lowered her gaze to her bag.

Each houses were two storey building built side by side, with much similarities, transparent low gates , a narrow wide road and the serenity that surrounded the estate was remarkable.

"Thank Christ " Mallika spoke with sudden delight "Wow, your house is quite a fortune".

"I really want to thank you for your  generosity, thanks for bringing me home".

Mother turned around to have a proper look at her "You are welcome my dear, and you must know this, you are free to come to our place anytime you feel like, our door is always open-

Mallika snorted "Except at nights".

I shot her a warning look.

"Thank you Mrs Roberts. Mallika -

"You are welcome, girlie".

She turned to me with a knowing smile, and for the first time I felt we connected somehow.

Mother pressed the car horn, releasing a loud honking sound that attracted much viewers from each home.

Tania alighted from the car and slowed her pace as she approached their gate.