16. Pain in the butt

~•ZAYN POV•~

"I HAVE ONLY FIVE MINUTES TO SPARE,anything else apart from that, you are wrong, so be quick to take a breather, five minutes I say, time starts now"

The Coach blew the whistle for half time.

Tired and thirsty after what seemed like hell, I joined the rest of the guys heading towards the bleachers.

"In Brights ville, football is a game of chance,you come late to practice , you are out ,you come earlier than the stipulated time, you are dead. "
I remembered Mr Green's words that day I signed into the team.

My first task as a new member was to run, dribble and jump.

Jump?

I was curious as to why I have to jump before getting to me an official member of brightsvilians football team.

"He said football is a mix of all different kinds of exercises,i still find it weird till now" Kay said amidst laughter.

"So the bet,huh? You still pushing through? " Kay stretched out his hand, I grabbed it as he pulled me up.

He was the only one in the football team, Charlie and John belonged to the tennis team.

"Yeah, pushing through" I reluctantly nodded my head even though i knew I was lying to myself.

"You can back out if you want, games like these are always hard nuts to crack"

Why is everyone always telling me to back out of things, am I that weak?

I chuckled,my hands dusting away grasses from my ankles "Tania isn't hard to crack".

Oh she is, Kay... She even called me a pain in the butt, who says that on first conversations?  No-one else but Tania... The snob. Duh.

I wanted to add.

"Are you damn serious right now?" he shook his head "You guys look like enemies to me already"

I needed Kay to see me as strong and defensive not the easy, weak, transparent guy in sweaty trainers,i hate to be that kind of guy even though she is trying to mold me into that person.

"Tania and i-

"..are like hell waiting to unleash, bro.. I saw what happened earlier I could easily cut the tension with a knife"

"Was it that obvious? "

He began to walk ahead "Really obvious, but I will advise you to keep your shirt on, girls are easier than you think" he turned to me with a shrug "So easy".

"You're leaving already? "

"I 'm getting out of here,my sister will be here in the next ten minutes, hell hath no fury like my sister".

"You don't know the half of it, dude" I grinned at the thought of my sister.

He waved at me before he left the field and then I was back to thinking about my unsolved mystery.

For the records all girls may be easy beings but Tania?

Hell. No.

I took my bag lying on the grassy field and raced to the other end of the bleachers. My feet suddenly sore and heavy in my sneakers.

For a guy who got popular overnight, you are a pain in the butt.

Since this conversation is heading nowhere, why don't you go kiss some frogs?

Seriously, she is wearing me out already. She is just so insensitive and quick to judge,i have met lots and lots of ladies, the cool, beautiful, strong and jovial ones but Tania?

She is like a new version of human borne out of vexation and sheer cruelty.

Just a little chat with her made me discover a whole lot of things. She hates me, yeah it's so obvious ...talk about the angry face, the scoffs and how she sits away from me like i have this kind of incurable disease.

She.. Is.. Such.. A. Pain. In. The. Butt.

"You must be the new student, Zayn... er..?" the Economics teacher gave me a cold stare.

"Roberts.. Zayn Roberts" I replied after she had sent my partner out of the class, diverting everyone's attention on nobody else but me.

"I 'd love to break this to you my dear, I love discipline and I hate things that go contrary to the word discipline, and next time you get chatty with your girlfriend in my class, I swear to God, I will make you wish you never met me".

So embarrassing.

I found an empty bleacher away from others, unzipped my bag as I dug for my cellphone.

Waiting for Mallika's message...

I needed to buy more time,three weeks is never going to be enough for me. I need to get loads of information, every scoop about her, I have to prove my points right. I need to know everything about Miss Snob. When I say everything?

I mean every damn thing about the snob.

Hey guys, thanks for the votes and attention, you are the world to me, thanks a lot.....