48. Favourite.

"BYE" I MUTTERED TERSELY,nearly reaching for the door.

"Wait... " Mom cleared her throat.

I inhaled a deep breath, my stomach grumbling at the sound of wait.

Unlike the days her offer to drive me to school used to be surprising for me, today was nothing like it.

She was in her formal wear, a balance of blue sequin gown and black pair of T strap. And here I was, in my red checkered shirt and black ripped pants.

Earlier this morning I loosened my weaves and brushed it into a full bun.
In the course of it, I had even ignored Grandma and everyone ,they remind me of the fight.

And now that i am stuck with her,i have no other choice than to do what I am good at.

Listen.

She licked her upper lips painted in nude lipstick and scoffed for a second before tilting her head towards me.

"I can't believe you forgot my rules so easily. I.. I even gave you a whole list to remind you but just to hear your grandma ask you about a friend last night really saddens my heart, Tania" she tucked my hair behind my ear.

"Disobedience and stubbornness are two vices i detest. Don't ever let such repeat itself ever again...." she shrugged a little "You see Grandma? You should never try to trust her,we all know how she wants to manipulate you".

I broke free from her touch, irritated to the core "Why would she ever want to do such a thing?"

"Are you kidding me? " Her chuckle was followed by an huff.

"That is what they try to do, they come out from the village, their holes to make life unbearable for us in the city. I lived many years of my life without her stupid help and i want to watch my only daughter grow into the kind of human I want her to be,with or without her help".

I swallowed hard.

" Grandma, and start getting used to not having her around,i said it once and I am going to be repeating myself, her days in that house are numbered".

"So forget about her and focus on your education,ok? Have a nice day at school today".

Finally relieved to hear her last words,i alighted the car and headed towards the hallway without looking back.

The hurly burly activities in the hallway was getting unbearable as I drew nearer to my locker.

Blocking out the noises two girls next to me were making over some sort of guy who made out with a fat girl seemed so impossible. While this boring stuff was going on, three jocks discussing parties cackled as they reached their lockers, which unfortunately, was located two lockers away from mine. As if that wasn't enough, a group of cheerleaders whizzed past the hall, chanting their cheer song.

School is not the best place to cool your head,believe me.

Maybe I just have to distract myself a little bit.

I dug into my black bag pack and took my cellphone and earphone. Without mincing words, I clicked on the song displaying on my playlist.

Favourite girl by Justin bieber.

As I plugged my earphone to my cellphone,i sighed in relief and packed the notes I will be using for the day.

"We have three different types of letters"

The English teacher,whose back was turned to the whole class scribbled on the white marker board.

It's been six minutes since the class started,thanks to the hardworking teacher who decided to use her opportunity to teach right before the school alarm went off .