37. Flashing green lights.

ZAYN POV ~
"WILL YOU PLEASE sit your butt down and stop pacing around, it's a territory not an emergency room. "

Mallika never bothered lifting up her eyes from her cellphone as i paced around the dinning room, in my jersey shorts brooding over my chats with Tania,when its chatting,i have done that with a lot of people,ladies of different sorts but none of them had ever dropped a sentence as intriguing as i wanna see you try.

"You are acting like you just met a serial killer in your bedroom." Mallika broke the silence.

"I'm losing my head right now,Mallika". I bit my nail in confusion.

"Hey! why you getting all worked up because of a mere statement typed out of sincerity?"

I stopped by the fridge "Sincerity? That sincerity is what i am curious about. She said I wanna see you try, that's enough to make any guy freak out....actually in the good way".

Mallika raised her head, giving me that look that says so much.

Its been hours since we stayed in the kitchen,not like we had no better topic to discuss ,its just that discussing Tania Owens might give me answers to my sudoku puzzle.

"It means something,right?"

I watched her rise up from the chair, her jean gown would have looked better if it were to be red ,but thanks to her physique it made her look smart,she reached the fridge,her eyes fishing out for its prey among the groceries and soft drinks arranged in the cold freezing appliance.

"Flirting over the phone doesn't mean it's for real,i can chat with you without flashing you the green light-

"Yeah...because you are my sister".

She shot me a serious face " Duh, but as a matter of affection,i find the words really encouraging" she brought out a bottle of soy milk.

"It's a good sign, a response from the lioness to the lion that she is ready to mate."

"Yeah,you are right,the lioness is coming on too strong ,she wants the lion to understand how she feels" i dashed to her side "How do i impress the lioness?"

She turned to me, her eyes glistened with curiosity.

"I can't believe you just turned my suggestion into a plot summary "

I stared at her ,puzzled .

"Ugh...getting the lioness won't be easy,believe me. You can just get her a goat and send it as a gift-

I cut in  "A real goat?!"

"Mm, yeah a black goat sold at the cheapest price " she frowned "Dude! That was my expression for gift...".

"Oh"

"Prob is i don't know if she loves goats ,er i mean gifts".

Mallika's lips gently curled into a smile,her lashes fluttering as she stared back at me.

"Stop smiling like that, it makes me think you have this whole thing figured out". I moved away from her,feeling my bare foot against the cold hard floor.

"Of course I have it figured out, just have a little prob finalizing my discovery " she dropped her bottle on the counter the minute she stopped by the kitchen sink.

"Discovery? What discovery? " I grinded to an halt, taking my time to register the broad smile on her face.

"A discovery that has to do with her,you like Tania".

"You all find this so simple to say,nobody-

"Blah blah,blah! Come up with another excuse and lemme beat you with the truth. Seriously,every time you set your eyes on her,you keep lying to yourself hoping it would distract you from knowing what you don't want to know,i haven't seen that side of you in years". She found a corkscrew in the drawers and uncorked her drink.

I dipped my hand into my jean pocket, sweat forming in my palm.

Maybe this revelation is true after all. I guess my feelings weren't that hideous enough.

"Remember how you stood up for her the other day,you sounded so reassuring i thought you guys were dating. But its okay anyway,Tania looks nothing  like a lady who would be interested in going with a guy like you."

I flinched,almost losing my balance. "What about a guy like me? Is this about my appearance? "

Mallika scoffed "Oh please...appearance? From what i have discovered so far,i realized that girls like Tania really digs MSS,and you my dear Zayn isn't quite a match".

"What is MSS?"

"Mystery ,suspense and s....okay forget the s,i'm clueless myself".

I start to pace again "Mystery....that means i have to start acting mysterious. Suspense? For crying out loud i am not an Action thriller? Why does it have to be this way?"

"Get the whole damn package,Zayn. Suspense and mystery,you just lay your hands on 'em and make her want you."

I grind to an halt "What is it that has to be done?"

Dropping the corkscrew,she picked up her bottle,her mischievous grin  in check"Now that's the spirit"