04. New Rules.

"WHAT IS THIS?" I shot Mother a glare as she drove along the expressway.

At first I thought she was just performing a good mother moment on me but I knew something was going to come out of this sudden offer to take me to school.

Mother is a busy trophy wife,she owns a company,attend to the family and doesn't tolerate nonsense,fine but she hasn't for once offered to drive me to school.

But no worries,I see her reasons now.

I held back the heaviness in my heart as I waved the paper she gave me to her face..

1.Don't apply make ups, under no circumstances should you think of using contrabands.
2. Never think for yourself,consult your father and your mother first.
3.You are banned from watching romantic movies or reading novels that deals with romance.
4. Deal with competitions.
5. Rules still stands,no friends or acquaintances..
6.Get 'A's not B's...
7..

"As you can see".. she spoke with much eloquence which got me so pissed off  "Those are lists of rules I need you to follow,with that you are on your ladder to success".

"How do you expect me to breath with all these...these" shit "lists you came up with,I am a teenager,i have my own right to life".

"Are you going to keep up with this foolish attempt to suffocate me or should I be happy for having a rude sixteen year old for a daughter?"

She kept her eyes on the road,not dazed or moved by my anger.

Yay ....duh..I have the best mom in the world.

"This...won't help! Why do you have to write this,mother! I -

"Shut it,Tania..I hate the sound of 'I am sixteen,I am old enough to make my own choices' ,I don't want to hear any more of it from you".

I wasn't going to put it like that but it made much sense .

"You told me to live a life,mother,-

She cuts in again "Yes,a life where you have all the good things of life at your feet....young lady,you won't get anywhere in life if you keep holding back on the things that will keep you and guide you,my father made sure I had everything I wanted to make it in life,yours won't be exceptional,trust me".

"Oh my god, oh my god!  I can't believe this, this is bonkers..this is shit." I muttered .

"Did you just say shit? You've got to be joking"

I scoffed "What? Its not like I said fuck,besides its not like I don't have the right to say the word shit any time i want to. "

She shrugged her shoulders,still staring at the road "Well,what can we do? You are banned from saying shit"

Wait..what? Its not like I can't live without saying shit but that rule sucks ,its not even in her list.

"I just made that rule official  seconds ago"

Great,i am banned from saying shit....

"Are these your kind of rules,top lists that holds the magic to making it in life,cause I am sure  Ben Carson didn't go through this before he became successful ".

"Of course he knew what he was in for, FYI he never wasted his time on  tech,or girls and I am sure he never made it his business to socialize ".

"You and I both know that is a lie,he never had a problem trying to see people for who they really are".

How and why did you give birth to me,why not some other woman who needed a child? I wanted to ask.

"..or trying to mingle with people,these people were part of his success story" I couldn't believe I was here,arguing with her in her Audi.

"A success story that took years and rules to build I get that,but people? Tania,people are just there,they don't want you to be successful,they just want to stay with you and..and suck the energy from you,when will you ever learn?!". She gripped the wheel as if it held something she wanted.

"How is success possible without friends to hold unto when you are down?! I don't know about you Mom but I need to breathe!! I want to breath-

I almost felt my heart in my mouth when mother stopped the car abruptly, halfway to my school, a kilometer away from where she parked her car.

What the-

She snatched the paper from me,her manicured nails dug into my wrist as she held it,her glaring eyes draining every trace of joy i had left in me.

"Enough! Enough of your stupid jabbering! it won't take you anywhere" I winced under her touch "It will only make you feel like a loser,the loser that you are! Now,listen good,I don't give a damn if you decide to rant all day,you own your oxygen...you can waste it for all I care".

Tears formed under my eyelids,,making the sight of this woman leaning against me so blurry to see but I ignored that.

I am not strong enough to fight her back,but cry ,not in front of her. I won't allow her to see me as a weak fellow.

I may be a loser but I am not a weakling..

"I want you to follow this rules and make them your forte,I don't care if that will cost you your big ego ..All ..I want is your obedience or else I will have you sent to the orphanage home begging for adopted parents".

Jeez! Without notice,hot tears trickled down my blushed cheeks ,something I felt too weak to bottle in.

Of course..I ...was..weak .

"Understood?!"

I reluctantly nodded my head.

"Last time I checked,I gave birth to a girl who has a mouth ,why not make use of that dirty thing now?".

"Yes" i swallowed hard,more tears falling "I understand".

"Good,that's my girl" she forced a smile and sits upright. She averted her gaze and threw the note at me "Now get out of my car before I change my mind"

With shaky hands,I grabbed my black Nike bag and alighted from the car .As I made an attempt to open the front door, she heaved a sigh, her eyes on the road ahead.

"And yeah,in case you've been wondering what that is,its called 'New rules".

Fierce huh?  What do you guys think about Tania's mother?  Share me your thoughts..

Lol... My mom once tried to stop me from wearing crop tops and I felt like whaaaaat?  One time, she was like no extensions in my house, I can't allow any of my children to wear coloured hair extensions.... Lol, typical Nigerian mothers.

What did your folks stopped you from doing or keeping?

Having boyfriends?

Using dangling earrings..

Using perfumes and deodorants?

😅😅😅  Let's share  our thoughts, its gonna be fun, trust me.