Chapter 13 - Will You Honour Her?

Começar do início

Jump down the stairs to where she's waiting and eagerly plant a kiss on her cheek.

"Dag....come on in. Do you want a coffee or something before we hit the trail?"

I follow her down the hallway, glancing around me. Nice, very nice and light too. Spotless as well which appeals to my inner-clean freak.

Then my eyes settle....very appreciatively....back on her as she walks in front of me.

Fin's hair is pulled into a long fishtail braid, that sways over a thick checked shirt. Her legs are encased in what look like skin-tight jodhpurs and she has those beat-up old desert boots on again.

Good choice for what'll be a chilly ride.

Beyond wicked ass!

"Coffee will be killer, thanks Fin. What the....hey....how're you goin little buddy?"

I dump my gear on the floor of the living area and drop to my knees. Grabbing hold of the Frenchy as he bounces up, licking my face in glee.

"Is this Fang? I thought you were only pet sitting when we first met....are you doing that again?"

"Nope, he's all ours now. His owners were away for so long that when they came home? He didn't want a bar of them. Sat behind the couch all day having one hell of a hissy fit."

"So they asked if I wanted to adopt and we did. The kids love him to death."

KIDS????

As in plural????

"I had to ask Meek if it was Ok first. After all, this is her house and I just rent the basement. But it was all good. Her children, Freddie and Mellie....just about went ballistic. So now Puppy is a timeshare pooch."

Ok, no instant family then....phew!  Not that it'd matter much to me. But getting around will be a lot easier without the Brady Bunch tagging along.

Will be a lot easier?

Shit, Reedus! Stop kidding yourself that it's all a fait accompli will you?

"How do you like your coffee? Oh....Ohhhh...."

I glance up from where I'm furiously rubbing Puppy's fat tummy. Making him slobber and pant with joy.

Her bottom lip sucked in between her teeth as her eyelids fluttered like crazy. She's staring at the jacket and helmet I bought with me for her. Then shook her head, blushing like mad.

"Fin? You're  such a feckin eejit"  She whispered under her breath, turning away quickly and opening the fridge.

"Didn't think you'd have a helmet. And I bought the jacket cos you left yours behind at Win's. This one is better for riding anyways, it'll keep you nice and warm. What....what's wrong Fin? Tell me?"

I take hold of her arm, waiting until she faces me. Twisting her lips into an embarrassed smile and shaking her head....no. But her eyes tell me she's....disappointed?

"Tell me?"

"It's nothing. I feel really silly. So just ignore me, Norman....Ok? When you said 'go riding in the valley'?  I totally misunderstood. Thought you meant the four-legged kind of ride, that's all. I'm such a dag."

"Do you take sugar? Smart thinking about the jacket, thank you. What make is your bike?"

"Triumph Tiger. Just replaced one of my old ones a month ago and thought today will be good to take it out for a decent run. You know a bit about bikes then? At the end of the year, I'll have another series going. Take friends or a celebrity guest out for a cruise...."