|33| Just One Dance

A/N: I'm getting so inspired and the words are just coming to me! Chapter 34 might be up by tonight if my inspiration keeps flowing! It gets tough from here on out so just a heads up guys!

One more thing. Play the song, makes it sweeter.

Emma's POV:

I've been a walking heartache
I've made a mess of me
The person that I've been lately
Ain't who I wanna be
But you stay here right beside me
Watch as the storm goes through
And I need you

Tyler had both arms wrapped protectively around my waist as we moved side to side to the beat of the music. The slow rhythm of the music flowed through us and it was just as if it was him and I. My arms hung loosely around his neck and my head laid on his chest. Despite the loud music, I could hear his calm heartbeat and it made me smile.

'Cause God gave me you for the ups and downs
God gave me you for the days of doubt
For when I think I've lost my way
There are no words here left to say, it's true
God gave me you, gave me you

Our feet danced to the music on their own accord as if this song was made for us. I lifted my head from his chest and peered up at him, a smile gracing my lips. We had been at prom for over an hour now and it was nothing less than perfect.

"Can this be our song?" I whispered as our eyes matched the rhythm of our dancing feet.

There's more here than what were seeing
A divine conspiracy
That you, an angel lovely
Could somehow fall for me
You'll always be love's great martyr
And I'll be the flattered fool
And I need you, yeah

I was waiting for something to go wrong, I was waiting for Cindy and her pack to come and ruin this night for me but surprisingly nothing has happened. Maybe this could be the perfect night I wanted with Tyler, I just need to trust and free myself of my doubts.

Nothing will go wrong.

Tyler gave me a boyish smile as I asked my question. "Yeah baby, Its perfect."

His thumb lightly stroked my bottom lip, before leaning down and taking my lips in a soft kiss. It was soft but passionate and I could feel all his want in that kiss. One of his arms tightened around my waist bringing me closer while the other slid up my waist and tangled into my curled tresses. Our tongues slowly met with dying anticipation and caressed against each other, causing me to moan softly into his mouth as Blake Sheldon serenaded us through the sound system.

God gave me you for the ups and downs
God gave me you for the days of doubt
For when I think I've lost my way
There are no words here left to say, it's true
God gave me you

On my own I'm only
Half of what I could be
I can't do without you
We are stitched together
And what love has tethered
I pray we never undo

"Aye, Ty!" a loud voice sounded over the music calling out to the man I was currently locked lips with.

Effectively killing our moment. Chris' voice caused us to quickly pull away. My head nuzzled in Tyler's chest in embarrassment, while his chest rumbled with laughter and his hand rubbed up and down my back.

Chris who now stood in front of us, rubbed the back of his neck and grinned sheepishly "Uh, sorry guys..."

I blushed and shook my head, lifting it from Tyler's chest "Its ok." My voice was low and still full of embarrassment.