|28| I Love You, so Love Me

Emmas POV:

3 Days Before Prom

The ending credit to the infamous beauty and the beast movie started rolling down the large flat screen TV in front of us, complete with the all too familiar Tale as old as Time song. I smiled lightly and looked down at Mandy's tiny form. She was snuggled up in between me and Tyler, her legs rested on Tyler's lap while her head rested on mine. She was out like a light, her chest was rising slowly up and down and a content smile graced her tiny lips as she slept. She made it through more than half the movie before I looked over and noticed her eyes beginning to droop. She was a trooper, that for sure! She made it through a 3 movie marathon.

First The Little Mermaid,

Then Aladdin and now

The Beauty and the Beast.

All on her top 10 favorite Disney movies list. I let out a soft chuckle at the little girl laying peacefully on me and brushed some fallen hair away from her face, rubbing her cheeks lightly.

I felt Tyler shifting his body weight on the couch and my gaze traveled up to him. He had a small grin on his face as he watched the interaction between me and his baby sister. His eyes met mine and he puckered his lips and blew me a sweet kiss. I blushed and looked away, focusing my attention on Mandy again, earning me a low chuckle from him.

I saw his hands reach out and slowly slip under her arms "Ill tuck her into bed."

I nodded my head but before he could lift her off the couch, I leaned up giving her a kiss on the forehead and mumbled "Sweet dreams princess."

I caught Tyler's eyes look down at me, he held my gaze for a moment, his eyes were swimming with something but I couldn't place my finger on it. My stomach tingled with butterflies as I hope for the look in his eyes to be love. Was it love?

He lifted her off the couch and quickly leaned forward towards me, capturing my lips in a soft, sweet kiss. Before pulling completely away he mumbled against them "I'll be right back."

I smiled and whispered "I'll be here." As I watched his tall figure walk away and slowly climb up the stairs with Mandy cradled in his arms. I bit my lower lip at the sight and my heart soared. How can such a deemed bad boy and playboy be so damn sweet and caring?

I love that I'm the only one the gets to see this side of him.

It has been 3 weeks since the faux kissing incident and I moved on well, trusting Tyler. He didn't give me a reason not to trust him, at least not yet and I hope he never does. It had also been about a month and a half since he asked me to prom and to officially be his girlfriend. Other than the kissing incident I truly have had no complaints. I never thought he would be such an amazing and caring boyfriend. I for sure thought he would mess things up by now or at the very least regret being with me and dump me.

But he hasn't, he's been perfect, so perfect that It makes me wonder why he was considered such a bad boy in the first place? I mean I get he hangs out with Brad who is the definition of bad boy and asshole but Tyler himself is quite a sweetheart behind closed doors. Sometimes I find myself thinking whether he was like this with all the other girls in his life or was I the only one who saw the real him? Was this the real him? God, I hoped so, I hope he won't hurt me or disappoint me in the future because if I'm being truthfully with myself, I love him.

My heart raced just thinking those three powerful words. Then I thought back to Uncle Eric telling me I'm so young and I don't know what love is. Maybe so. But these feelings that I feel for Tyler, this happiness and want to be with him all the time, It feels like love. Ive never felt the same for another - Ive never had the option but regardless. I know this is real, I can feel it.