Chapter 25

"IT'S MINE!"

"NO! THAT ONE IS MINE!"

"Guys! You're scaring her!"

"MAMA! MAKE IT STOP!" You sighed at the chaos unraveling before you.

"Boys!" The two of them stopped tugging and the plushie you'd made. "Come on now. I made one for each of you. There's no need to fight over it."

"But his is better than mine!" 

"Too bad! It's my dragon toy!"

"Arne! Vivian!" You said, your voice stern. They both quickly stopped talking, looking sorry. You sighed again. "Boys, do you know why I gave you these?"

"No." They both said together. 

"Because if our dragons were here, I'm sure both of you would bond with dragons like these. I can see them inside you. Arne, you are unafraid and fierce and you charge into situations without hesitance. Though a Rumblehorn may seem like a lumbering beast at first glance, they are quick and clever creatures with a fiery passion much like yours and fierce loyalty." He smiled happily at your words as you handed him his plushie of a blue and red Rumblehorn.

"Thanks, Mommy." 

"What about me?" Vivian asked. You chuckled.

"Vivian, you are always positive and very creative. You get that from both me and your father. However, you are also sensitive and understanding. You know when something is wrong and you try to fix it if it doesn't involve fighting. You're kind and you're bright, much like a Hobblegrunt." He smiled, holding his green, yellow, and blue Hobblegrunt happily. 

"Thanks, Mom."

"What do our dragon's mean, Mama?" You turned to your younger daughter as she walked over, holding Skyla's hand tightly. You sat down on the couch and all four of your children gathered around to listen, Ova climbing into your lap.

"Well, Skyla's is an Armor Blade, like what I used to ride. Armor Blades are also fearless and they are extremely skilled and protective. They are also clever and quick and they normally live in packs. Your sister is committed to her family, much like how my dragon was committed to me. No matter what, she'll always be there for any of you." You explained.

"And my dragon?" She asked.

"Your dragon is unlike any other. It's the strongest of them all. Sadly, there is only one left. Your dragon is the king of all dragons, the Night Fury."

"Really? But...I'm not a leader." You chuckled.

"Sometimes, even the most unlikely of us can be the strongest of them all. That I have always seen in you." She smiled. 

"You're the best, Mama." You hugged her in return.

"I'll always be here for all of you." You promised them. Skyla stood up.

"Who wants to go play outside?" She asked. The triplets quickly agreed and followed their older sister outside. You smiled as you watched them go.

"They never run out of energy." You turned, seeing your husband standing at the entrance to the living room. You got up and walked over to him.

"No, they surely don't." You agreed. You wrapped your arms around him and gave him a kiss. It was short but sweet.

"I don't know how you handle them so well. I feel bad for your parents. They had seven children and I'm worn out at four!" You laughed.

"Well, the only took care of six of us, remember?"

"I know, but that's still two more than what we've got!" You rolled your eyes.