Chapter 10

Third Person POV

It was late in the night and everyone had long gone to bed. Hiccup was in his own tent with Toothless sleeping there as well. After a while of peaceful sleeping, the dragon heard a noise outside the tent. 

Toothless, now interested in this noise, got up to see what it was. This disturbed Hiccup, who thought the dragon wanted to go flying.

"Toothless, no. It's too early." He grumbled, still groggy with sleep. The dragon ignored him and went outside the tent to see what was there. Toothless saw that something was disturbing the brush, but he couldn't see what.

Toothless decided to follow it and see if he could find out what it was. He followed it out of the tent and into the forest. As Toothless followed it, the Light Fury revealed herself. Toothless got excited and started hopping around happily. She growled at him, telling him to be quiet. He stopped, realizing this. 

The Light Fury beckoned Toothless to follow her. The two of them slipped through the makeshift came, purring at each other as they slipped away. The Light Fury took off as the reached the end of the camp. Toothless, unable to fly with her, started running along the ground after her. 

Soon enough, they made it to a sandy beach beside a lake. Toothless stopped as she landed down on the beach. He stood proudly, going to walk over to her, but the loose sand made him slip and tumble down onto the shoreline. The Light Fury got out of the way as he came rolling down the hill toward her.

Toothless quickly tried to regain his composure as he got to his feet again. The Light Fury, taking this as a sign she could start first, did a little dance first. Toothless was unsure of how to respond to this. 

Meanwhile, Hiccup, curious as to where his dragon went, had woken up and secretly followed after the pair. He was now watching from the cover of the trees. Toothless spotted Hiccup as he tried to silently get the Night Fury's attention. Hiccup tried to think of ways to help his dragon. He used his arms to try to tell Toothless to try using his wings. Then, a twig snapped and Hiccup got down to make sure he wasn't seen.

The Light Fury turned to investigate the sound but spotted nothing there. Toothless watched, also hoping she wouldn't see Hiccup. Toothless tried flapping his wings a little, but she wasn't impressed, deciding to groom herself a little instead. Toothless tried again flapping his wings faster and harder. Soon he was hovering and wobbling a little. He spun around and accidentally sprayed the Light Fury with sand. She covered herself with her wing to keep it from getting on her face. The Light Fury sneezed and licked off a little bit of sand that was still on her nose. Toothless pulled back a little, realizing that it didn't go as well as he'd hoped.

Hiccup tried to think of something else Toothless could do. He got an idea. Standing up he tried to imitate a type of dance. Toothless watched this and got an idea. He stood up on his hind legs and tried to copy Hiccup. He walked around the Light Fury, roaring to add effect to the dance. He saw she still wasn't exactly impressed. 

Toothless though of other things he could do. He tried all sorts of weird dances. Hiccup knew that this wasn't working. The Light Fury was kind of freaked out by his odd behavior. He got a little too close and she batted at him to get him to stop. She flew over to a tree and hung there, wrapping her wings around herself. 

Toothless thought of what he could try next. He went over and got up to the branch by using the cliff it was attached to anyway. Hiccup moved to see what he was doing. Toothless used his wing to point at the Light Fury. He walked out on the branch and looked up at Hiccup. Hiccup tried to warn him that the branch would break, but Toothless didn't understand him. 

The Night Fury started bouncing up and down on the branch. The Light Fury unwrapped her wings to see what was happening and saw Toothless trying to get her attention again. Suddenly, the branch broke and Toothless fell onto the sand. The Light Fury wrapped herself up again and Toothless grumbled, annoyed that it didn't work. 

Then, he spotted the broken stick. Toothless got an idea. He'd known how to this for a long time! He grabbed the branch in his mouth and started drawing something in the sand. The Light Fury unwrapped her wings a little to see what he was doing. Toothless used his wings and tail to help shape the sand. The Light Fury came down as he finished his drawing. It was a drawing of her. 

"Oh, now you can draw." Hiccup whispered to himself. The Light Fury examined the picture, but she accidentally stepped on one of the lines as she did this. Toothless growled at this instinctually as he had done before with Hiccup years ago. The only difference was that the Light Fury growled back. Toothless stopped, dropping the stick. The Light Fury came over to him and they both sniffed each other. She then took off, inviting him to fly with her. Toothless got excited and wanted to follow, but he still couldn't fly on his own. 

It was then the Light Fury spotted Hiccup hiding by the trees. She glared at the human a little, but she was mostly glancing at Toothless. She wanted to fly, but she wanted him to come with as well. Deciding to retreat, she took off. Toothless, not wanting her to leave, ran after her and tried to jump and fly with her, but he only got so far before falling into the lake. He called after her, but she kept going, not turning back.

Hiccup knew this was a problem and he wanted to help his dragon. He thought about if there was anything he could do for the Night Fury. Suddenly, an old idea popped into his head. He grinned as he knew exactly what he could do. This would make his buddy happy for sure.