Chapter 7

"Alright! Alright, everybody! Settle down, please!" Hiccup called out. You were all at the Great Hall trying to discuss what you were going to do from there. However, everyone kept shouting and talking, not really listening to him. Hiccup turned to Fighleg's instead. "Fishlegs, have you ever seen that species of dragon before?" Fishlegs, still shocked after being hit with the dart, put his thumb up as if to say yes before passing out on the table again.

"Let me at 'em!" Spitelout shouted angrily. His feelings were shared by many of your people.

"I'll give him a piece of my mind. And by mind, I mean fist!" A man shouted before punching another Viking in the face. You were a little off-put by that. Yes, so hit someone else on your side to demonstrate, I guess... Hiccup got them back on topic a bit more realistically. 

"Did you miss the part where we almost died? Have you seen my house? This is a new kind of enemy and I underestimated him. Now, that's on me. But I will not do that again."

"We're Vikings! We don't run from a fight. At least I don't. You might." Snotlout said pointing at Eret. You ignored him.

"I agree with Hiccup. We haven't seen the last of Grimmel. He's a predator, single-minded, and patient. He won't stop until he gets what he wants." Eret explained.

"I'm with Eret." Valka agreed, making Snotlout upset which, once again, went ignored by everyone else. "We have to take this threat seriously."

"Grimmel is just a sign of the times. Our enemies are getting smarter, more determined. We're not just overcrowded. We are exposed, and vulnerable. Short of full-blown war and risking everyone we love, I don't...I don't see a way of staying here any longer." Hiccup stated. Everyone quickly started talking, worried about this, but Arrow threw his ax on the table to get everyone's attention again.

"Hey! Hear him out!" He sat back down and nodded at Hiccup. You were just sitting there silently through all of this, unsure of what to do. There was a lot riding on this and so much to consider, but it felt as if most of it might not have mattered. If things were changing, then the decision of what was best was crucial.

"If we want to live in peace with our dragons, we need a better plan." Hiccup began.

"So, what are you saying, Chief?" Gobber asked. 

"I'm saying we have to disappear off the map. Take the dragons to a place where no one will find them." 

"And where might that be?" Another Viking asked.

"He's talking about a quest for the Hidden World." You said, finally speaking up.

"The hidden what?" A woman asked.

"Out to lunch." Ruffnut laughed. Hiccup ignored her.

"My father was obsessed with it when I was a boy. He made notes and maps in search of the ancestral home of all dragons...tucked away somewhere beyond the edge of the world. It may be the solution we need. We're dragon people. It's where we belong." Not many people looked very believing of his word. "Look, I know this is our home. My father left me to protect it. But Berk is more than this place. We are Berk! The people! The dragons! I say Berk is wherever we go." Hiccup state strongly as some of the people started looking like they were beginning to believe him. The twins were sitting there looking bored until Tuffnut jumped up and randomly shouted,

"I'm with him, who else!?" There was silence.

"(Y/n)," Valka started. You looked over at her. "As the leader of the Protector's of Berk and second in command, what do you say about all of this?" You thought about it. You looked at Hiccup for a moment and saw him waiting expectantly for your answer. You were silent for a moment longer before you stood up, facing your people with confidence.