Chapter 19

You watched as Hiccup and Toothless fell into the water and Grimmel flew off on the Light Fury. You waited for a moment. "Come on, Toothless." You muttered. Then, the two of them burst out of the water and you smiled. They rushed off after the Light Fury and you cheered with Ash right beside you.

"Go get em' Hiccup!" Ash yelled.

"You got this. I know you do." You heard a roar and you smiled as Nightshade dove down toward you. Deathblaze was next to Ash, ready to go. You hopped onto Nightshade as your brother hopped into his own saddle.

"You ready for this, sis?" You grinned and took off.

"As ever!" He laughed and followed after you. You joined the others and fought alongside them. Arrow spotted you as you joined the fight.

"(Y/n)! Thank the gods you made it!" You smiled as you helped fend off the trappers, working effortlessly with your team of family and friends.

"It was an exciting time, but I held out!" Arrow chuckled and you both fought together just like old times. 

As the battle raged on, you heard somebody calling out for help. It was a voice you knew, but you couldn't quite place it since it cut off so quickly. You and Arrow both turned, listening for another call. Who was that? 

"Guys!" You and Arrow gasped.

"Runa!" You both hurried to get to her. You held off the trappers while Arrow went on ahead. She was stuck under a collapsed beam. He helped her out and she thanked him for it. Luckily, nothing was broken on her body, but she was already starting to bruise. Arrow promised to get her to a safer area and you trusted his word as you rejoined the others, continuing to battle to free the rest of the dragons. The fight was over yet.

Once all of the dragons were freed, you worked together to sink the rest of the ships, making sure they never came back. You hopped onto Nightshade and looked toward where Hiccup and Toothless had gone. Ash came over to you.

"Sis?" You looked at him.

"I have to make sure he's alright." Ash nodded and went back to the others. You were glad he was being cooperative. You gripped the saddle tightly. "Come on, Nightshade!" With that, you hurried off after Hiccup.

Hiccup's POV

Toothless and I hurried after Grimmel and the Light Fury. He was on her back, controlling her. Toothless fired a shot at him, but he turned so it hit the Light Fury instead. She was dazed, but luckily it didn't hurt her. 

"How are we going to get him off her back without hurting her?" Toothless looked unsure as well. I knew we had to do it soon, or he'd get away. I heard another roar. I looked around, ready for a Deathgripper to pop out. I was stunned as it was Nightshade and (Y/n). Grimmel looked back, spotting them as well. 

"What's happening!?" She called.

"We've got to get him off of her!" She looked ahead and nodded.

"What if we cut them off? One of us can grab him!" She suggested. I nodded, open to trying it.

"That could work. Go around!" She nodded and split off. As we flew after them, waiting for (Y/n) to come out and cut them off, I heard another sound. This time it was the Deathgripper's. "Oh, we've got problems." Toothless knocked two of them down and kept going after the Light Fury. 

They kept getting closer to us and I grew fearful. We were losing distance and they were getting too close. At this rate, we were about to be surrounded. Come on...think! Think, Hiccup! 

"Get away from them!" I was stunned as (Y/n) and Nightshade rushed in, slamming into the Deathgripper directly behind us. Toothless paused, roaring as Nightshade, (Y/n) and the Deathgripper locked each other into battle.