Chapter 4

You noticed Toothless glide down the cliff by himself. Hiccup noticed this too. You both got up and he called after him. You didn't know where he was going or why he was leaving, but you wanted to find out what was up with him. He didn't usually go off on his own so randomly.

"Uh, bud? Wha- Yeah, sure, don't bother to wait for us!" You chuckled at Hiccup's comment.

"Come on, let's go get him." You hopped on Nightshade with Hiccup right behind you. You blushed as his arms wrapped around you from behind. You knew he was teasing you again. He smirked as he realized it was working.

"Am I distracting you?" You raised an eyebrow at him.

"I could also leave you here. You know, that's an option." You warned him. He chuckled.

"Okay, okay, I'm done now."

"You mean 'for' now." He chuckled again and you took off. Nightshade brought the two of you down and you both got off and went to go find Toothless as she ate some nightshade berries.

Third Person POV

Meanwhile, in the forest, Toothless was trying to track down a strange, but familiar scent. The dragon looked around until he saw something in a small little moonlit clearing. His eyes widened as he got a better look at what was laying there, sleeping on the forest ferns. It looked like a white female Night Fury! 

The dragon began to wake up, looking a little groggy. She turned around and spotted Toothless, growling at him. Toothless got a little scared by this but then walked closer to the new dragon stranger. 

They stared at each other until a snap was heard and the lady dragon quickly went on high alert. She immediately shot a plasma blast at a tree. The tree burst apart, now only a smoldering trunk. Hiccup and (Y/n) both cautiously peeked out from behind their own trees. Hiccup was stunned by what they saw.

"Oh my gods..." He breathed. (Y/n), however, noticed the dragon's angry growling and realized the danger before Hiccup could react.

"Uh, Hiccup! GET DOWN!" She shouted, rushing to get him out of the way of a second blast from the white dragon. The two were blown back, but luckily no real harm had been done to either of them. The dragon was about to shoot another plasma blast but Toothless stopped her, protecting his rider and his rider's betrothed. 

"Yeah. You know, we're friends! No need to kill us." Hiccup tried to reassure the creature, but it didn't work so well. Suddenly, Nightshade came running, her pincers out and ready. She roared as she saw the other dragon. Her distrust was immediate as she saw that this new stranger had tried to attack her rider and her boyfriend. Toothless roared back at Nightshade and she looked surprised, but bowed respectfully to her Alpha, calming down. Her eyes were still trained on the potential threat, however.

Toothless turned to the white dragon to show that there was no danger now, but the white dragon wasn't as trusting anymore. Scared, she turned and fled. As she hurried into the sky, Toothless tried to approach her by climbing the trees. But then, the dragon fired a plasma blast and flew through it, turning invisible while also making Toothless upset. He called after her, wanting her to return, but there was no sign of her after that.

"Wow!" Hiccup exclaimed, amazed by what had just happened.

"Another Night Fury!" (Y/n) said, just as excited.

"No, not quite. It's more like a...Bright...Fury." He tried it out, but (Y/n) had a better idea.

"A Light Fury!"

"...Yeah, yours is better, probably." Hiccup agreed. Toothless came down and Nightshade went over to him to see if he was alright. The two of them whined at each other and Nightshade nuzzled him to comfort her Night Fury friend. Toothless cheered up a bit as she did this. (Y/n) turned to Hiccup.