Chapter 8

Hiccup's POV

I was helping everyone get organized and grab what they could. Arrow was also helping me, but (Y/n) was nowhere to be seen. Her family wasn't around anywhere either. I assumed they were all together and would be coming soon. I wasn't worried about it. It turned out that, well, both of those assumptions were correct, as I had expected.

Suddenly, Nightshade flew overhead along with Frostbeak, Comet, Deathblaze, Shiverwater, and Foamy right behind her. I smiled as they joined us. They got to work immediately.

"Spread out, guys! Let's go!" (Y/n) ordered her siblings.

"You got it, sis!"

"Ash and Zane, you two work on more of the heavy lifting! Runa, you make sure things move swiftly and neatly! Carl, Kent, you two make sure everything is accounted for. Nothing we can carry gets left behind, got it?"

"Whatever you say, (Y/n)!" Carl replied as they all split up. (Y/n) looked down at me and I shook my head at her with a grin. She smiled and flew down closer.

"What? You think I'd let you boys handle everything?" She asked before quickly flying off to help some other Vikings that needed her. I sighed, smiling as I watched her go.

"You always have to show me up," I said to myself. And I wouldn't have it any other way. What would this place be like without her here? It'd be a lot less interesting, that's for sure.

"Hiccup," I turned as I heard Eret's voice. "we need your help with getting all of the livestock onto a carriable vessel for the dragons." I nodded and hopped on Toothless so we could go help. I thought about (Y/n) as we followed after Eret and Skullcrusher. Toothless noticed that I was distracted. He let out a grumble at me and I smiled a bit.

"Ah, it's alright, bud. It's nothing." I told him. He grumbled disbelievingly. I sighed. "Okay, okay. I...I..." The words were harder to come up with than I had expected. "I don't know what to say to her. I guess I still have some things to learn too, huh, bud?" He let out a purring sound that was clearly trying to be comforting to me and I smiled, petting him. "Thanks, bud. I'm glad you'll always have my back. Nothing will change that, right, Toothless?" He barked in agreement. I smiled. "Atta boy, Toothless. Now, let's go get some things done, huh?" He roared in agreement and we both hurried off to go help the others.

Your POV

*A few hours later*

You met up with Hiccup and it was time to go. Everything was ready for the big move. You and Hiccup were going to be leading the way. Mostly Hiccup, though. You were going to help by being the lead scout and making sure that nothing went wrong. Hiccup was the leader of the expedition and you were the one making sure that nothing was going wrong or missing during the trip.

"Alright, everyone! Let's head out!" Hiccup called and Toothless roared loudly to signal to the dragons it was time to go. With that, you all began to head off in search of the Hidden World. You whistled for your brothers and your sister. They came in a hurry and you chuckled as Carl and Foamy almost crashed into Ash and Deathblaze. Foamy sometimes had trouble flying straight, but that was just her personality. 

"Guys, I need you all to make sure nobody falls behind the entire time. Tell us if any dragons start getting weary and make sure nobody falls behind out there. Keep the formation tight and make sure you keep on aware of any enemy ships that could be around. We can't take any chances of people getting caught or being followed."

"Right," Zane replied. "You heard her! Let's go! Spread out!" He ordered as they flew off into different position. You chuckled at his take-charge attitude. He really was a good co-leader of the team. People listened to him, after all. Hiccup seemed to think the same thing.