35-storytime

Mrs. Schnapp picked us up a few minutes later and dropped us off and Noah's apartment.  She said she had to go to the grocery store and would be home in a little bit. I feel like most parents wouldn't trust two 14 year olds who are dating to stay home alone but she knows we're both hella innocent. We walked inside and Noah immediately turned to the fridge. "Hungry?" he asked. I nodded.
       "Always," I replied laughing. he chuckled and took out a box of munchkins from Dunkin' donuts.
       "My mom picked these up yesterday," he told me. I reached into the box and grabbed one.
        "Back home there was a Dunkin' donuts right by my house and Dylan and I would go all the time," I remembered.
       "Hey, I think I know where that is!" he laughed. I always forget we live in the same town.
"Were you born in Scarsdale?" I asked him. By now we had made our way to the couch and the had the box of munchkins balancing between our laps.
"Yeah. My parents are both from Canada actually but they fell in love with Scarsdale and Chloe and I have lived there all of our lives. What about you? Have you lived anywhere else?" I paused.
"Well, sorta," I shrugged.
"Sorta?" he asked.
"Well... Ok don't tell people about this. I know it's not a big deal it's just that not a lot of people know so..." I started.
"Of course," Noah nodded putting his hand on my knee. I nodded and took a sharp breath.
"Well when I was 12 my parents split up temporarily. It wasn't a big deal though it was just...my dad's parents were going through some stuff and it was just causing a lot of tension in my family so my dad moved to the city for a year and took me with him since I'm online schooled anyway so it doesn't make a difference."
"That's kinda cool," Noah shrugged. "you got to live in the city for a year and your parents are ok now right?" I nodded.
"Yeah, they're good except I didn't last the year," I chuckled. He raised an eyebrow. I shook my head laughing and readjusted myself. "So I don't know what was wrong with me but I guess I lashed out when all of this was going on and you know how Dylan and I are like best friends?" He nodded. "So I called him and convinced him to take a train halfway to my dad's apartment in the middle of the night and I took a train the other half and we were planning on running away to the Bronx." Noah's mouthed dropped.
"Seriously?" He asked almost laughing a little. I nodded smiling. "How did you get caught?"
"My mom's friend actually saw us on the train on because she works a night shift and she ratted us out," I shrugged. "My dad was so pissed and so was my mom- at first...But then she felt bad for separating Dylan and I and I moved back with her." Noah nodded.
"That's crazy," he shook his head.
"It's hilarious," I admitted. "But it wasn't while it was happening. I felt like there was so no hope anymore. I was ready to never see my parents again and I didn't care..." We fell silent for a few seconds before he turned to me.
"I like you so much Paige," he smiled gently.
      "I like you so much too," I half whispered. Noah closed his lips and leaned towards me. Before I knew it, our lips were connected. He put his hand on the edge of my jaw and I wrapped my arm around his neck. After a few seconds, we separated but my arm remained around him. It started to feel a little too serious and I guess he felt it too because he used the arm that was already around him to pick me up like a baby.
      "Noah!" I laughed. My legs flailed around in circles as he boasted his height and strength advantage. He wasn't like the Hulk or anything, but I'm 5 ft 2 so almost anyone has a height advantage over me. After walking around in circles for a few seconds he threw me onto the couch. "Noah Cameron Schnapp I feel personally attacked!" My mouth was open and I put my hands on my hips. He mimicked me but copying the pose.
       "Paige Gianna Teller it's not my fault you're weak," he said in a high pitched voice. My jaw dropped even lower and I shook my head. I jumped up off the couch.
"It's on."