24-sunsets 2

At 6:30, I started getting ready to go to Noah's. I changed into sweat pants and a T-shirt because I wanted to be comfortable watching the movie and I won't want to change when I get home. The sweatpants were red and read "hollister" across the left leg. The T-shirt was just a simple black T-shirt. I then brushed my hair and teeth. Noah's apartment is like 10 minutes from our house, so Aunt Gia drove me at like 6:55.
      The car ride there was kind of awkward at first, but Aunt Gia acts so young that it became pretty comfortable after a while. "Just have fun," she smiled. "But not too much fun."
     "Oh my gosh," i chuckled.
     "Well, you're already gonna be kissing pretty soon," she reminded me. "Remember you're only 13."
      "Aunt Gia! I know!" I exclaimed. She laughed.
     "You remind me of me when I was your age. Your mom used to lecture me and act like I was a baby."
      "Well Mom is a control freak," I pointed out. She laughed.
      "Sorry, I shouldn't be laughing." She tried to be a responsible, mature, adult, but we both knew she was 13 at heart. She dropped me off at the front of Noah's apartment and watched me walk to the door before waving and driving away. I saw the familiar face of Mr. Austin, the doorman, as he opened the door for me.
"Hi Mr. Austin!" I smiled.
"Paige!" He greeted. "Good to see you again. Your friends are already upstairs, you can go on up!"
     "Thanks," I replied. He pressed a button and I got into the elevator.
      "13B" he reminded me. I nodded. I pressed the 13 button and the elevator began rising. I felt my heart racing in my chest. I felt so stupid. I hang out with Noah all the time. It shouldn't be so different today. The elevator doors opened and I walked across the hall to Noah's apartment. My hand was shaking as I knocked on the door.
"I got it!" I heard Noah say through the door. I heard the doorknob click and the door that was separating me and Noah clicked open. I saw he had also changed into sweats. He smiled and motioned me over for a hug. I involuntarily squeezed a little harder than usual but I could feel him doing the same. "Hey," he smiled.
"Yo," I replied grinning ear to ear. He chuckled and turned to everyone.
"Paige is here!" He exclaimed.
"Hey Paige!" I heard Finn call. He motioned me to come inside and I saw Finn on the couch playing a video game. Why is he always playing video games when I come over? Millie was on the floor on her phone, and Gaten and Caleb were on the balcony waving to people.
"Where's Sadie?" I asked.
"Bathroom," Millie answered. I nodded as Sadie walked out.
"Noah, you're almost out of soap," she said as she saw me. "Paige!" She exclaimed and hugged me. I hugged her back.
"I'm so happy," she whispered into my ear.
"Me too," I whispered back.
"So, everyone's here," Noah said. "Do you guys wanna eat outside then watch a movie?"
     "Yes! I love that little area outside with the benches!" Millie gushed.
    "Great," Noah smiled. "Finn can you grab a pizza box?" He asked picking up one. Finn nodded and turned off his game.
     "Let's go!" Sadie smiled. We walked downstairs, through the lobby, and outside. Noah and Finn set down the pizza boxes and Finn sat on one side of the bench.
     "What do you guys want to drink?" Noah asked. "I know Millie wants Fiji water, Finn wants coke, and Paige wants sprite." We laughed because he was right.
      "Water for me," Sadie answered.
      "Same," Gaten agreed.
     "Coke for me," Caleb smiled. Noah nodded and went to the vending machine. Caleb and Gaten sat next to Finn, and Millie sat next to me on the opposite side. Sadie purposely sat next to Millie so Noah would have to sit with me. I looked to her and she winked. Noah came back and passed out the drinks before sitting next to me and smiling.
      We ate our pizza and talked about filming, our families, etc. it wasn't vey eventful until Finn spilled his coke all over himself causing everyone to burst out laughing. Once we were done, Noah tapped me and whispered, "should we watch the sunset?" I nodded and smiled. "Hey guys, I wanna show you something!" Everyone looked to him confused. He motioned for all of us to come to the field behind the picnic tables. The last time we watched the sun set here, it was the most beautiful thing I had ever seen.
     Noah explained how nice the sun set here is and everyone sat down. Incidentally, Noah plopped himself downright next to me, close enough that our shoulders touched. "This is boring," Gaten said.
     "Just wait," Millie instructed. A few minutes later, the sun lowered itself towards the horizon. The sky turned gold, pink, purple, blue, red and basically any color you could think of. It slowly got darker. Noah subtly moved his fingers and held my hand. Nobody else noticed. Millie was lying her head in Gaten's lap and Sadie, Caleb, and Finn had their arms around eachother. Noah saw this and realizing he could without looking suspicious, he put his arm around me. I laid my head on his shoulder and I felt him exhale.
     It was perfect. Everyone was distracted by the sunset and nobody thought anything was
off. Noah checked to make sure nobody was looking and then kissed me gently on the top of my head. A warm tingle went from where he kissed me to the bottom of my feet. I looked up to him and smiled. I was having major deja vu. Noah's arm around me, my head on his shoulder, the gorgeous sunset. It was the same except this time, I didn't have to think about every move I made. I could just do it. I looked at my phone and saw it was only 7:45. Tonight was going to be amazing