21- why?

The next morning, I got up bright and early for my 7:30 call time. Sadie and I had planned to carpool so her mom picked me up at 7. "Hi Mrs. Sink!" I smiled as I climbed in the backseat.
"Hey Paige," she replied. "How you been?"
"Pretty good. What about you?"
We made small talk as she drove to the Starbucks drive through. This early in the morning, I needed some caffeine. We got our drinks and began driving to our studio. After this week, we'd be filming all around Georgia and our dressing rooms would be trailers. I was really excited for that. We pulled up to the studio and Mrs. Sink dropped us off. We got out and walked inside to see Millie. She waved and we hugged.
"Hi girlies," she giggled.
"Hey Mills!" Sadie smiled. "Did you see Matt and Ross?"
"I think they're in the back room with the food," she replied. Sadie nodded.
"Paige, check me in?" I nodded and walked off anxiously. What was she doing? I didn't have much time to think because the second after I checked in, Finn ran in and scared me.
"PAIGE!" He screamed from right behind me. I instinctively fell to the ground and he laughed.
"Finn!" Millie laughed. "You're so immature sometimes!" He shrugged.
"Paige thought it was cool," he said. I stood up and rolled my eyes smiling.
"Wow, Finn," I laughed. Sadie came running back and she was smiling. She grabbed my arm and pulled me into the reading room.
"Come on Paige, lets sit down," she said. They put us in seats next to who we have scenes with so it's easier. We don't get the script for the episode right away, but the seats give us a preview. All the kids were on one half. I looked around and saw "Finn Wolfhard-Mike," "Millie Bobby Brown- Eleven," "Gaten Matarazzo- Dustin," "Caleb McLaughlin- Lucas," "Noah Schnapp- Will," "Paige Teller- Bailey," "Sadie Sink- Max." The good news is that my seat is between my best friends. The bad news is that Noah happens to be one of my best friends.
That's when it hit me. What am I doing? So many of my old friends liked guys and still lived their lives without having to worry about them every second of every day. Noah already knows i like him, so why does it matter anymore? Why do i have to keep hiding it? I don't. and i wasn't going to. A few minutes later, Millie and Noah walked in. Millie walked to sit next to Finn as he tossed her a bottle of water she caught it and smiled gently. Noah saw me and waved. He sat down between me and Caleb and wrapped his arm around me for a brief moment.
"Hey," he said.
"Yo," I replied. Then he moved his arm and high fived Caleb. They started talking about hockey or something as the Duffers walked in. They were in the corner talking for a minute before they got our attention.
"Paige, Noah, can you guys stay for a few minutes after rehearsal ends?" Ross asked. I nodded. I told my aunt I'd call her when we were done. Noah nodded too. What did they have to talk to us about? Maybe they noticed we were being awkward at rehearsals ever since the whole incident. "Ok, great. Um, Millie can you help me pass out these scripts?" She nodded and went to pass out the large stack of scripts. As soon as she handed me one, I saw the usual stranger things logo on the front. underneath, it read "The Lights." I wonder what that means.
Ross and Matt talked for a few minutes about the episode. "Basically, Bailey is sorta connected to the upside down somehow, but the kids don't know how. We're still finalizing the end, but, do you remember Sara?" Matt asked. Sara was Hoppers daughter. During season one, I had a theory that she was eleven, but i guess not. "Well we're gonna say that Baileys sister didn't actually die from cancer like she said. Instead, the lab took her and sent her to the Upside down as an experiment before the gate closed and that's why when Bailey walks past the lights, they flicker. It's the sister trying to contact her."
"what does that have to go with Sara?" Sadie asked.
"Oh right," Ross started. "Hopper is gonna realize what's going on, and he thinks they also took Sara, so he tries to open up the gate again to get her." Everyone oohed and cheered. That was a really good idea. "We're not gonna tell you much more yet." Ross and Matt put sticky notes on every page that we have scenes on. They give us a few minutes to go over our scenes so we can prepare ourselves. After a while, we started. The opening scene was Joyce frantically trying to clean the house so Will could have his friends come over for the project. Winona was amazing. She was shaking as she spoke and she and Noah worked so well together. After about 10 minutes, I had a scene.
"Ok, so please don't judge the house too much," Noah spoke quietly.
"Of course," Finn agreed. In the scene, we all walk in to see everything broken and Joyce sweeping.
"Hi," Winona said weakly. "I'm Mrs. Byers, you're Bailey?" I nodded. "Nice to meet you."
"You too. I really like the wallpaper, it's the same I used to have in my old apartment." Winona smiled.
"Thank you. Well, I'll let you get your work done."

We finished the table read in about an hour. Then everyone left, except Noah and I. We walked over to Matt and Ross awkwardly.
"What's up?" I asked.
"We need to talk to you guys," Matt answered.