1-Another Audition

"My name is Paige Teller. I'm 13 years old, and I live in Scarsdale New York." The words rang in my head. I had to get used to my new slate. Slating is basically the way you start an audition. You look into the camera, and say your name, age, and where you live. I moved a few months ago. The same day I turned 13. You can imagine how confusing this was for me during auditions.
I was sitting in my bedroom doing homework. Even actresses have to do school sometimes. I have a studio teacher named Ria and she teaches me most of them time, even if I'm not working on something. On Fridays and over over the weekend, I work on things from this big book of all different subjects.
I was in the middle of my math homework when my mom knocked on the door. "Come in!" I exclaimed. She creaked my door opened.
"Phone call for you," she said and handed me the phone. It must be my grandma. Nobody else calls our landline. My mom walked out and one. "closed my door.
"Hello?" I answered.
"Hi Paige its Jess," the voice said. I immediately recognized it as Jess Ingrid, the head of my acting agency.
"Hi Jess!" I exclaimed into the phone. "Why are you calling?"
"Well we got you a really good audition but it's tomorrow. Do you want to do it?" She asked. I smiled.
"Of course! What is it?" I asked curiously.
"It's for this show Stranger Things. Have you heard of it?"
"Oh yeah!" I remembered all the times my friends would obsess over that show. "Sounds fun, but super last minute. What do I need?"
"Just bring your resume and headshot. It's for the part of a girl named Bailey who is one of the main character's friends," She said. The part sounds cool, but what i should bring was surprising. I usually needed to prepare hundreds of scenes and monologues for auditions. "They just want you to do a few cold reads for the casting call. If they call you back they'll have you prepare stuff."
"Ok, sounds awesome!" I smiled.
"Great! I emailed your mom all the details. See you soon!" I hung up the phone. At the time, I didn't think much of this. It was just another audition. But this was not just another audition