18-gotta go

Noah didn't want to be rude, so he let Hailey join us for lunch. We went to that stupid Italian place that she likes. "How many?" The hostess asked.
"Three," Hailey responded, still with her arm around Noah. The hostess led us to a booth. "Come on Noah," Hailey responded. She sat down and motioned for Noah to sit next to her. Instead, he sat on the other side. Hailey frowned but shook it off. I sat next to Noah and rolled my eyes. We opened our menus and looked through it.
"What are you getting?" Noah asked me.
"Probably just the Caesar salad," I responded.
"You're so healthy," he replied laughing. Hailey joined in laughing.
"Paige, Come on, eat something," she giggled. "You're already way too skinny. Are you anorexic?" I looked at her offended.
"I think I'll get the salad too," Noah said defending me.
"That's ok," I mouthed to him. He shook his head and winked at me. I smiled and subtly held his hand. Even if he didn't like me back, he was the best best friend (besides Sadie) I could ask for. I was curious about what was upsetting him before though.
Noah and I ended up both getting the salad while Hailey got spaghetti. I honestly didn't know why were having lunch with Hailey. I also don't know why I was ever friends with her in the first place...Actually, I do- she knows how to control people. It's something she's always been good at.
We finished our food, and Hailey said she'd pay, so at least we got a free meal. On the way out of the restaurant, Hailey stopped me. "Hey Paige, can I talk to you for a sec?" She asked. I nodded. This better be good.
"Hey Noah!" I said. He turned around. "Just wait one minute." He nodded and gave me a thumbs up. Hailey pulled me into the corner and made sure nobody could hear.
"Hey," she said.
"What's up?" I asked.
"You can see it too, right?" She asked.
"See what?" I asked.
"The way Noah looks at me," she said as if it was obvious. "He's totally into me."
"I'm sorry, what?" I asked. "You think Noah Schnapp likes you?"
"Yes!" She laughed. "He kept laughing at my jokes, and looking at me, and trying to impress me...You couldn't tell?"
"Uh, no," I laughed. She suddenly got angry.
"Honestly, Paige, you're so self-centered," she growled.
"What are you talking about?" I asked.
"Don't deny Noah likes me just because you're jealous," she snapped. My jaw dropped.
"Hailey," I laughed. "I'm Noah's best friend. I don't have anything to be jealous of."
"Oh, you know he likes me," she said. I shrugged.
"Just like you KNEW Max liked me." Oh god what did I just say. She crossed her arms and smirked.
"Oh yeah, that was pretty funny," she said. "But that was a prank, this is real life." I sighed. "You can sigh all you want," she snapped. "But I'm asking Noah out, and he's gonna say yes." With that, she stormed away and her blonde hair hit me in the face. What is my life...?

     Hailey walked back to Noah and grabbed his hand. "Sorry about that," she said sweetly.
     "No problem," Noah said. "Look, Hailey, Paige and I have to go. My mom is picking us up." I looked at my watch. It was only 3.
     "Oh, ok," Hailey smiled. "But can I just talk to you got a minute first?" She asked Noah. He shrugged and Hailey pulled him aside. Oh god, she was gonna ask him out. This would be interesting... wait a minute, what if he said yes? That would be the end of me.

Noah's POV

     Hailey grabbed my hand and pulled me far away from Paige. "What?" I asked.
     "I had a lot of fun today Noah," Hailey said twirling her hair.
     "Cool," I replied dully. "What do you want?"
     "I was wondering if you..." Hailey started. She grabbed both of my hands and looked into my eyes. "Wanna go out with me?" My jaw dropped.
     "I'm sorry, what?" I asked.
     "Do you wanna go out with me?" She repeated. I tried to talk, but words wouldn't come out.
     "You're kidding, right?" I asked.
     "I really like you Noah," Hailey said softly. "I saw the way you looked at me today, and I have a feeling you like me too."
     "Uh," I started. How was i supposed to explain that I was gonna ask out Paige before she had to ruin everything? "Sorry, Hailey, I just don't like you that way."
     "What?" Hailey laughed. "You're serious?" I nodded.
     "I gotta go," I said as I waved and walked away. I wasn't even worrying about being rude anymore. I hated Hailey Auxter.

Paige's POV

Noah came walking back quickly and I could tell by Haileys face what he said. "Paige, let's go," he said wrapping his arm around my neck and. We kept walking.
"I gotta go!" Hailey called. "I'll text you Paige!"
"What was that about?" I asked him, even though I knew. He bit his lip, obviously not wanting to talk about it.
"She was saying that she liked me," he said. "But she honestly seems like a jerk to me."
"She is," I agreed. "I'm really sorry she ruined our day."
"Of course she didn't!" Noah laughed. "I had so much fun today."
"Really?" I smiled. He nodded.
"I told you before, you're really awesome. Spending any time with you is fun."
"Aw, Thanks," I smiled.
"Anytime," Noah said awkwardly.
"So, What was i you were gonna tell me earlier?"