GRAND FINALE; Pσωєr σf Rανєnѕ

5/26/19

I'll be straight up and admit that for the second half of this chapter I didn't even try because I've been stuck at this rummage sale and have just been writing for so long that the boredom has consumed me to the point of killing my creativity xD This is! The last chapter! And it ends weirdly! And you don't know what happens next like what is this. Unrelated, these two books have had 384 pages in total! (200 in this first one and 184 in this one)

Chapter Twenty-Three, the Grand Finale; Power of Ravens

       As I ran, I did not think of the distraught leader groaning in pain, ocean blue eyes clouding as darkness pulled at his limbs. I did not spare a glance at my hot-headed brother, who bore a deep slash on his chest from where Jei's blade had scored through his leather; a glimmering spear raised above him, being brought down at full force to mark the defeat. I did not notice how Rosebud had bunched her muscles, soared from a rock and landed on one of the cloaked figures, struggling in vain to slash at them and drag away their attention. I did not even think of Donnie, who's battered form still hovered in the cocoon of light. Motionless.

       All I saw was Jei, his desire to end a life faltering as my silent footsteps echoed louder then the earthquake now shaking the land far, far beneath us. He turned, his spear raising as I tore a bloody sword from the rock. With a shout of fury, I leapt into the air, our blades clashing in a powerful boom that shook the mountain to it's roots.

       The final battle had come.

*                        *                        *

We flew back from the force, both skidding to the ground. Rage blinded me. Feathers and bones sprouted from my back, cutting through the air with tips as sharp as ice. I rose to my feet, baby blue eyes flashing white as I seethed. "How dare you, how dare you hurt them!"

Jei took one look at my new form and smirked, fangs glinting in the light of the electricity as the flickers wrapped around him, slowly seeping away from Donnie until he dropped to the earth. The turtle's breathing went ragged as he groaned, rolling onto his side next to a dazed Leo.

Furious, I slashed at Jei with my sword, but the light had brought him up into the air, my blade only slicing through a loose thread drifting from the bottom of his cloak. I growled in annoyance as he hovered above me, the electricity following his commands and movements to support him. With a flash of his hand, several tendrils shot down.

Without a word, I flapped my wings with a powerful stroke, meeting the light just as my feet left the ground. The wind forced them away from my wings, but not before I felt a spark and a strange hissing sensation. I glanced over my shoulder, breath catching in my throat when I saw fire seeping across the feathers.

... My wings were enveloped in flames, but nothing burned.

"Unexpected," Jei's voice above me drew me out of my thoughts, and I glared at him, flapping unsteadily for a moment before finding my strength. We hovered across from one another, before Jei continued. "But not too strange for a winged warrior."

I sighed, coming back to my senses and shaking my head at him with confusion. "Why did you do all this, Jei? How did you come back to life?"

He stared for a moment before laughing darkly. I watched him, bewildered, until he raised his scythe. "I never died." He spat, taking on a wolffish grin.