4| Blinding white

11/1/18

I'm really sorry for the ten day wait... I'm so busy and don't get much time... Whenever I do I'm always so exhausted, so it's hard to choose a night where I spend my time writing until late instead of getting more sleep xD
I'm going to try writing a little every night instead all at once. Maybe that will result in quicker updates!

Chapter Four: Blinding white

*Dream realm*

I was gasping for breath, tearing through the vines and undergrowth of the deep forest. The sounds of screams and screeches got closer and closer, until I finally burst through the last of the trees, crashing into the open.

Complete and utter destruction was all that I could see.

People and creatures of multiple kinds were spread out all across the valley below, struggling through a flooded marsh and viciously attacking each other with swords, claws, and any other weapon imaginable.

There were Akuma's in the sky, circling above the mess and screeching, dark figures on their backs shooting arrows at their enemies. Even normal animals- like rabbits and those lizard things- were in some way involved in the deadly battle.

What the shell?!

The sudden sound of nearby yelling made me snap my head to the left, quickly spotting two figures attacking each other. Before I could investigate the situation further, I sensed something off.

I turned to the opposite direction and saw a rocky cave entrance, surrounded by ferns and only fifteen feet away from where I was standing.

But there was something... Different about it.

"Oh, why not?" I sighed in exasperation, shaking my head. "I mean, I have no clue how I even got here or what I should do, so I might as well check out whatever's in there while I'm waiting for some sign." I shrugged.

I guess that I was finally accepting that my life had many, many strange occurrences.

I ran towards the cave entrance, skidding to a halt outside the entrance. There was a strange glow seeping through the vines covering it. Now much more curious, I hesitantly pulled the vines apart, stepping into the tunnel.

Unlike the Elf dudes cavern, this entry was completely dark, except for the faint glowing coming from far up ahead. I stepped further inside, then deciding that I should follow the source of light.

I mean, usually when there's light in darkness, the light is good... So this must lead to a good place, and maybe then I can get out of this situation I am in-

Wait, is this a DREAM?

I paused mid-step, quickly pinching my arm. I let out a yelp when I felt the sudden pain, and in the dim lighting I watched as a small bruise formed.

"Definitely not a dream then, since that hurt...?" I shook my head in confusion, not understanding anything at this point.

If this isn't a dream, how could I have gotten here? I couldn't have just teleported into the future or something crazy like that?

I mean, of course time traveling is possible- shell, I've done it before, like in space- but there was no extremely advanced technology here, and I hadn't yet seen anyone in this realm capable of summoning such alien material...

I continued walking, relieved when I saw that the source of pale blue light was gradually getting closer and closer. But then I narrowed my eyes, confused when I saw a trail of blurred light leading towards it.

What is-

My thoughts were cut off when I stepped into clear water, the sharp cold making me shiver. When I looked down at it, I saw that it had just been the light reflecting off of the surface.

Taking in a deep breath, I shrugged it off and trudged through the tiny stream. The little splashes echoed off of the tunnel walls, and I smiled, trying to make the splashes extra loud as I jumped from one spot to another.

"Uŋɱɘɩ to ƴʌɱɩ ŋo ʆʋĸʌɱɩ ŋo ĸʌɱɩ..."

The chanted words made me freeze in my tracks, looking around in confusion.

Is there another person here??

"Wʌtʌsʜɩ wʌ ʌĸʋ ŋo sɘĸʌɩ o ƴoɓɩ! -sʜɩŋ ŋo ĸoŋo ʜʌ ɗɘ wʌtʌsʜɩ o tʌsʋĸɘ."

Putting on ninja stealth mode, my eyes turned white as I quickly flanked the wall. I silently ran along the pebbled side, peeking around the edge of the cavern.

My eyes widened when I saw where I now was, and I tried not to gasp, not yet wanting to give myself away.

There was a breathtaking scene before me, wind whipping through the stunning cavern. The dark walls were bathed in the light and shadows produced by the beautiful centerpiece, and upon seeing it my eyes widened even further...

There was a large stone, looking as if a thousands stars had joined together to form the precious crystal. Flakes of snow whirled around it, faster then the speed of light, as if simply reaching towards the crystal would result in instantly freezing...

"wʌtʌsʜɩ ŋo tʌŋĸƴū ŋɩ ŋʌʛɘĸʌĸɘ ʀʌʀɘ..."

And that was when I saw them. The person chanting the ancient words was covered in a dark cloak, facing away from me, kneeling a mere twenty feet away from the beautiful crystal...

But then they rapidly turned, tearing off their hood, so that their blinding white eyes could stare into my own.

"JAI?!?!"