15| Tʜe sʜɩɱo

1/29/19

Hey guys, I hope you are all having a good new year so far! I can't believe it's almost February already. Thank you for 2k! I'm still trying to update about every five days now, but the schedule usually depends on which of the nights I am at my moms house.
Anyways...
Who's going to be the 100th comment?

Chapter Fifteen: The Shimo

Is... is this a dream?

I drifted out of consciousness once more, but the haunting dreams that enveloped me sent shivers up my spine. The cracking of my skin, the revealing of my wings, the finale of this whole thing...

When I awoke once more... there was only silence.

I slowly blinked, eyes adjusting to the dark lighting. I attempted to stretch, but a searing pain on my neck made me freeze, the newly added rope having scraped across my skin.

"Not cool bro." I muttered.

The cat tribe were sleeping in the cavern beside me. I could barely see the backs of the ones closer to the entrance, their pale fur glisten in the faint starlight.

I clenched my teeth as another flash of discomfort rubbed against my neck, and carefully reached to it. Maybe... maybe I can... get this loose... just enough... for me too-

I hissed in pain when my cold fingers made contact with burning flesh.

"W-worse then a frostbite..." I whispered, voice quaking from the pressure.

I took a silent deep breath, watching a puff of air spread outwards. Pausing, I waited a moment before doing it again, allowing a weak smile to pass across my lips.

We all used to do that when it got cold in the Lair. We would go to the water and breathe across it so that the steam would hit the surface and make shapes. They stopped when we were seven, but I kept doing it... until I was thirteen, at least.

My shoulders relaxed, easing the pressure on my throat by a bit. However, I shook the distant memory away, deciding it was about time for me to make an escape plan... Yet I was bounded, cold, and ready to curl up on my bed to sleep forever.

Still, I studied the area through tired eyes, trying to process as much as I could. The cavern was tucked into the sheer mountain cliff behind me, and a forest was mere meters away, the dark depths making me flinch as I wondered what could be hidden inside.

The realization that we weren't where the battle had been before came too late, as my eyes had fallen shut as the clouds drifted over the moon.

* * *

"Psst!"

A hissing noise made my eyes snap open. I tried to sit up further to look around, but the rope rubbed against my neck once more, making me slam my fist against the ground to stop me from screaming.

Aw, really noise?! You can't surprise me like that!

"Psssst!" The sound came again, sparking my interest when it was followed by a soft thud. I peered into the darkness of the forest, seeing a flash of white.

Is that...?

A white furred hand tossed a knife toward me, and I caught it between my feet just before it could clang against the stone. I stared down at it for a moment before shifting it between my feet, bringing them up to saw the blade against the rope binding my hands.

"Come on Stinky Triplets, don't fail me now." I whispered.

As soon as my feet and hands were free, I cut the rope twisting around my neck. I cringed when the cold mountain air seemed to burn the ring of inflicted skin.