12| Tʜoʋsʌŋɗ sʋŋs

1/2/19

Here's the new chapter guys! I already wished a happy New Years on my message board/PMing account, but yet again, happy 2019!

Chapter Twelve: Thousand suns

I saw her bright shape silently tumbling down the steep slope, following an invisible trail that somehow swarmed between the rocks. I stared with my mouth parted, taking in as much air as I could as fear settled in, leaning forward to see better-

"Mikey??" A voice echoed from behind me, making me whip around. The ground slid and then, in an instant... Disappeared from beneath me.

A split second later, I slammed into a hard, slippery surface. I reached out and felt a familiar cold, the white snow that blanketed the mountains; but before I could dizzily turn to look at it, I felt myself slowly inching forward...

I snapped my head up, vision swirling as it landed ahead, where a path between the rocks seemed to glow in the suns light.

I could hear the others voices and confused yells as they ran to the edge, and I desperately looked around to try and grab onto a rock. But none were close enough, and I was beginning to slide forward, making my eyes quickly widen.

"GUYS! STAY AWAY! THERE'S- AGHHHHH!" I screamed, collapsing onto my back.

I felt a crunch beneath me and, just like that, the pack that had been securing me in place- perhaps only by a string- was crushed. I slid straight towards a rock, at the last second the trail veering to the right, making me lurch towards it as I tried to grab hold...

But I was already zooming down the ice, quickly gaining speed.

"AGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! HELPPPPPPPPPPPP USSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!" I yelled at the top of my lungs, each bump making my speech come out at gibberish.

"MIKEY! ROSEBUD! WHAT THE SH-!"

Raph's angry yells came from above as there was a solid crash, followed by others as I could only guess that they either succumbed to the fall and onto the ice, or hopped on in a decision to follow the rest of the group.

WHEN IS THIS GOING TO END-

The rocks marking the trail blurred into a single gray mass on each side, a stark contrast against the spotted blue sky and pure white snow, which on a rough turn downwards whipped my face and left me half blind, my eyes stinging from the freezing wet substance.

The loud whirling in my ears... The spotted, pained vision and constant swerving... I couldn't take it anymore, I couldn't, I couldn't!

"STOP IT! STOP IT!!" I roared, struggling to sit up.

But I slammed right back down, the icy trail not ceasing it's annoying, never ending treachery.

The blue of the sky, the black and gray of rocks, the white snow... It all blurred into one, as I focused on the sun, glowing bright, a rich orange and flashing, flashing, drawing me towards it's fatal warmth and away, away from the freezing cold and ice and-

Pain, it was a distant numbness, but it was sudden, so sudden.

There was only orange now, the glowing orange, so bright, but nothing else. The sounds, they were humming, as if the sudden thump that had caused the change was orchestrating the whole thing.