19| ωє ¢συℓ∂ яєαℓℓу υѕє α ρєgαѕυѕ

3/14/19

Hey guys sorry for the late update! It's been fourteen days already?? How does time fly by so fast every time? Anyways, I'm thinking that this book should very likely go to 22 or 23 chapters and then a short finale thing to show what happens after~

Chapter Nineteen: We could really use a pegasus

"Rosebud! You're here?? Are the others too?" I paused, looking around sharply for a few moments before deciding the others couldn't be particularly nearby. Confusion sparked in my mind. "Wait, why are you alone? Is everything okay? Where are they now? What did I miss?" Rosebud slowly turned all the way to face me, finally smiling and blinking.

"Oh, Mikey! So nice to see you! We thought the cats took you... but apparently not! Yay!" She closed her eyes, still smiling as she tipped her head to the side.

* * *

Something seemed unusual, with the way she was acting, but I decided to ignored it. After all, we were in a scary place! How could things not feel off?

"Before we speak much more, I need to tell you something, Mikey. We are in a rush so I'm sorry for the short greeting." She seemed hesitant, and although I wanted to pester her more about where the others were, I saw how uneasy her usual outgoing self was and clamped my mouth shut.

"I'm not going to beat around the bush. Soon after the fight started, the cats suddenly all stopped and fled into the caverns. We thought we won, but then realized you were nowhere to be seen. Then... one of those creatures came. Akuma's. A black cloaked figure was on it. Didn't the elven call it a Molzon...? I think. It didn't speak... the akuma just managed to snatch us up and take us away."

Rosebud took a deep breath, glancing at me. I leaned forward, eyes wide as I waited for her to continue the account.

"... I managed to escape my slipping through the talons when we were close to treetops. But the others were taken here, and I managed to get through the portal yesterday. I'm not sure where they are, but my best guess is... there."

Rosebud raised her tail, pointing it toward the ginormous tower of rock I had seen earlier. The blue light was still twisting around at the top spike. My eyes widened a bit before I straightened, taking a few steps forward in anticipation.

"Let's hurry then, who knows what's happening up there!"

"Mikey, wait—"

When I turned with a questioning look, she stopped mid-speech and only smiled, shaking her head.

"We better hurry and catch up with the pack." She nodded.

.......

Within a few minutes of traveling, the earth slowly began to shake again. It seemed to be much less severe where we were, unlike earlier, but by the tower I could see a stretch of rocky plain violently splitting into many series of cracks, thick steam pouring out of the crevices.

When the trembling and ringing sound stopped once more, I looked to Rosebud, who seemed to be only a bit uncomfortable and other then that unfazed by the second occurrence.

"... Rosebud?" I questioned. She looked back at me, tipping her head. "That was only ten or so minutes since the first quake..."

"Eleven minutes and eleven seconds, actually." She corrected, flicking her tail as she turned back to the trail, pressing onwards. I stared after her blankly, rubbing the back of my neck in confusion as she spoke again. "That wasn't the first quake. There's been several since I got here, and each is separated with that time frame."