13| Tʋʀɓʋɭeŋce

1/10/19

Hey guys, another update! I am regretting not planning these two books out as I should have, the plot is poor and confusing. I also dislike the time it involves; usually one hour (this has taken 2 hours actually) just to complete one chapter. One hour from a day doesn't sound like much, but I always do it right before bed. But I do want to finish this story, and it should take a couple more months.

Chapter Thirteen: Turbulence

A numbness spread across my back, echoing through my entire being, a barely familiar pain tearing through the confusion as I parted my jaws in an attempt to draw in air that wouldn't come. My eyelids fluttered open... All I saw was white.

I was submerged.

The moment the realization passed through my mind, I blindly lashed out at the thick snow. But the substance was packed around me, as if trying to squeeze me out of my shell, to break me down just as the trucks at the dumpster place in New York did to the garbage and metals.

I desperately whispered to myself, begging for something to happen; the orange glowing, for someone to hear me- let it be enemy or ally- or even for my wings to sprout, which they hadn't gotten the chance to do for weeks.

Just something to possibly help...

My eyes rolled back and forth, my lips moving, producing a shrill cry until the snow flicked into my mouth, forcing me to clamp it shut. But when the glittering snow began fading to darkness, I felt my struggling limbs finally fall limp...

*                        *                        *

Voices faded in and out, slurring together as if spoken by someone who had not uttered a single word in years. My eyes were only slits, the blinding light of the sun forcing them to stay that way.

Suddenly, a stark shadow blocked out the light, the faintly familiar form making my brain restart. My body began twitching as the numbness dissolved, replaced with a chilly temperature.

When my eyes refocused, I made out the blurry forms of both Usagi and Raph.

"AGH!" I screamed, stumbling to my feet as I jabbed a finger in their direction. "RAPH?? USAGI??"

Realization dawned on my face as I sadly smiled, eyes soft as I patted Raph's shoulder.

"So are we in heaven...? Uh... Cool! WAIT, we can send the others like, magic dreams and weird omens and stuff, like Sensei did to Leo!" I threw my fist into the air, jumping in excitement.

Raph intently stared at me, eyes dull and twitching as they landed on my hand.

I tore it away before he could hit it, nervously laughing as I rubbed the back of my neck.

"Mikey, how many times have I got to tell you-" Raph sighed, rolling his eyes as he glared at me, crossing his arms. "Nevermind. And me and Usagi just dug you up, so we're not dead-"

"Mikey! Usagi! Raph!"

All three of us turned to where the voice was coming from; Rosebud and Leo were standing twenty feet away on a outcrop of boulders, Leo frantically waving his hands in the air as if to grab our attention. Rosebud was lashing her tail, pawing at the snow.