14| Boʋŋɗeɗ

1/19/18

Hey guys! Only like, I think... 10 or so chapters left? I feel like I'm going to be rushing the ending... but I really want to end this-

Chapter 14: Bounded

A faint yelling grabbed my attention, and my eyes flashed to where the two at the back of the group were dragging a sack, which was slithering around. The sound of small paws beating against the material made my eyes narrow, wondering who these unnamed creatures had taken as prisoner.

And with a silent gasp, I recognized these mutants... These are some of the possessed cats that attacked us in the mountain journey with Usagi and Kintaro!

*                        *                        *

I glimpsed countless flames flashing across the mountain side. Shrieking laughs pierced the usually calm night air, and hyper shadows danced across the stone walls.

The cavern trail was completely gone.

We had silently followed the pack of mutant cats for several minutes, and now, they had disappeared around the very corner we were peeking past.

I tried to gather my thoughts enough to comprehend the situation, but without being able to clearly see due to Karasu's and Leo's heads being in the way...

I could only decide that- no doubt- we would help these cat mutants prisoner.

Of course we have to, it's what we do! Save people whenever we get the chance! Leo will definitely agree with me!

Strong hands pushed me down a small trail, and I glanced over my shoulder to see an annoyed Raph. I stared at him for a moment, trying not to stumble forward when he nudged me again, setting his jaw and nodding to the path. Turning around, I narrowed my eyes to see better, quickly processing the outlines of the rest of the group.

I scurried after them, trying to stay silent as we headed for a patch of trees twenty feet away. As soon as we paused behind a patch of undergrowth, I leaned forward, eyes darting to find the cats.

I gasped.

"We have to save their prisoner!" I quietly whined, eyes widening with fear.

There were well over a dozen mutant cats laughing, dancing in an even worse fashion then I thought. The horror! But what caught my attention was the small body twisting over a campfire, pale brown fur and green vest glinting in the light of the flames.

Is that a weasel-? Or maybe a chipmunk. Is there a difference??

Suddenly, a hand once again shoved me, but this time backwards. Seriously?! Can people please stop shoving me? I swear, this is-

"Are you stupid?!" Raph snapped, now pushing me towards Karasu, who leapt out of the way.

Before I could think of an awesome comeback, Leo stepped between us; which may have been for the best, because Raph was still seething.

"There's over twenty armed, lithe, clearly trained mutants just there..." Leo began.

My eyes widened. Is he AGREEING with Raph??

"There could be dozens more hiding out in some caves, ledges, or trees. I'm not saying I feel good about not helping the mutant, but we can't win in a fight, Mikey-"

"Oh, so now we are letting innocents die while we just stand by?!" I hissed, struggling to keep my voice low.

My blood began to boil as I tried to shove past him, eyes flashing when he grabbed my wrist.