7| Nɩʛʜtʆʌɭɭ

11/29/18

Yay I'm updating three-four days earlier then usual! As I think I said a couple chapters ago, this chapter will be partly earth based so that we can see what's happening with Leo and the others. I hope you enjoy reading!

Chapter Seven: Nightfall

"Those, supposed new ally, were Silent Riders. And the one you choose to adore so much..." He growled, threateningly pressing his deer skin boot onto my plastron. "Is one of the ancient beings of Jei's summoning."

"Number three of the seven Molzons."

Not much later that day, the elves were bidding us farewell on the border. They all simply glanced at me, but despite their forced calmness, I could see the uncertainty in their eyes.

I had done wrong.

As soon as the Silent Riders had been out of our sight, my connection to what was called a... Molzon, had been snapped in half. I still felt it distantly, but now realized with horror what actions I had made; though it was all a bit blurry to my mind.

As we pressed forward through a meadow plain, I took note of our formation. Both Karasu and Doku were occasionally giving me distrusting looks, as if thinking I could snap again at any moment.

Luckily, Rosebud and Usagi both seemed to understand that before I had no control over what I did and said.

"I still don't understand, Usagi..." I muttered, walking alongside him. "I heard these voices, felt such a strong need to confront them." I shook my head in bewilderment, glancing at him.

He continued staring ahead, not slowing our pace. We still had quite a ways to go before we reached the next forested area, and it seemed important for us to get away from the open before nightfall.

"Michelangelo," Usagi tipped his head, still not looking at me. "It is important that you clearly understand that many questions you have simply cannot be answered by anyone but yourself."

We didn't speak again for a while after that.

The sun was finally being submerged behind the horizon, turning the sky shades of pink and darkening blue as the light began to fade. Through the late dusk light, I could barely make out the edge of the tree line far ahead.

We wouldn't be making it there before the sun set.

"Usagi, I'm tiredddddd." Karasu complained, his tail limply trailing across the yellow grass. "And it's getting dark out, can't we rest for the night??" He added, looking around at the rest of us.

"We must not sleep until we reach the forest. There is no cover for us here." Usagi answered.

Doku abruptly stopped, causing us to all slow down and turn to her.

"Not true. What about that outcrop of rocks over there?" She gestured with her pointed tail, and I glanced to the left. Right where she had said, there were several large boulders fifty feet away.

She does have a point. It'll be a fine place to rest for the night.

"The boulders look big enough to sleep among, and if it starts to rain- which I doubt- then we can spread a blanket across the tops for a roof. Simple as that." She shrugged, clear blue eyes narrowing as she waited for our responses.

I was about to pitch in my agreement, but a strange pounding in my head made me wince.

"You are right, Doku. That should be enough for us." Usagi nodded, grabbing his pack and walking away.