"Huh? What happened to Kasai?" Gildarts questioned looking from Wakaba to Macao who swallowed tightly knowing the news is going to hurt them.

"Just tell them Macao-san." Kinana
said as she finished cleaning the dishing and was now staring at her guild master expectly and sadly.

Making the Tenrou team even more desperate to know what happened while they were away.

He opened his mouth to answer but it wasn't him who answer it was-

"Uncle Kasy left the guild." Asuka whimpered softly as she pulled out her uncle favored and most prized possession and hugged it tightly.

His black scaled scarf.

Silence reigned the guild as the Tenrou team could only stare at the little girl in shock..

"NANI!?!!"

"What do you mean he left!? Tell me your lying?!" Natsu yelled abruptly not believing that the man who taught him that family was everything would just leave...

He just couldn't believe it.

A hand was placed on his shoulder, looking back he saw it was Ezra who was shaking her head sadly.

He shook in fury, "Fine!! But I'll find Kasai and bring him back, just you guys wait and see!!" Natsu yelled before he stomped over to a table and sat down.

Walking over to Mirajane Lucy asked, "Hey Mira why is everyone so depressed. I've never seen Natsu so down and angry since Lizanna's death. But now that shes back I thought the was last time I'm ever going to see that face." Lucy said honestly.

Wendy nodded her head. "Yes I've never seen the guild look in such...... broken spirits." Pantherlilly said from where he stood by Gajeel.

"Well everyone seems down is because Kasai, was no other Fairytail's Big Brother." Mira said with a small sad smile on her face. The new members all looked at her confused.

"Oh? And who is this Big Brother of Fairytail? Hmm. Cause I have never heard of him." Gajeel asked Mira with a raised eyebrow turning his head back to all the older members who seemed loss in their own little world. "Yes me and Wendy have also never heard of such a person in Fairytail." Carla stated paws on her hips. But in both dragon slayers minds felt as if they heard of that name before.

"Well the Big Brother of Fairytail was none other than the elemental dragonslayer Kasai Dragneel. Natsu's older brother." Mira said sadly as she saw that everyone in the guild we're now listening into their conversation.

"WHAT NATSU/SALAMANDER HAS A BROTHER!?!?!" The new members yelled together in shock. Again both sky and iron dragon slayers felt as if they knew that name from somewhere.

"Yep and not just that Kasai was a S class wizard and best friends with Laxus. They even dreamed of starting a team. Which they would call the Thunder Legion." She said her smile returning forgetting what had just happened moments ago.

The thunder legion looked over at Mira in surprise and shock before turning to their leader for confirmation. To which he nodded to looking down at the scarf still in the little Asuka's hands.

"Noooo way!!! Natsu and Laxus can't even stand each other! How can his brother be different!?" Lucy shouted as she looked over at her depressed teammate than at the blonde dragon slayer.

Just trying to imagine them getting along.

"Kasai's focus, was always on learning to control his magic as it was most destructive when not controlled. While also searching for his missing father and little brother. But before he found Natsu he had taken care of the guild and its guild members like an older sibling would to a younger one. Which earned him the name. Fairytail's Big Brother." The master said from his perch on the bar counter. He also looked at the scarf in the child's hands before looking over to Macao. "When did he return?" which got the new master to look sheepish while rubbing his back.

"He didn't complete his job if that's what your asking. But he was just wondering and training to fully control his magic, when I called him back." he said before he sheepish look turned serious, "The guild was in a huge debt and I found one of your notes showing how to summon him back. And when he did come back... He took jobs left and right to help with the rent than on his time off he'd look for you all." he sighed before he looked back at his old master. "He was a shell of his former self when he came back. Something on that job changed him, and he wouldn't tell. And seeing the state of the guild whatever was keeping him sane broke. Just a couple years back he lost hope in ever finding you guys and left." Macao said and almost everybody jumped when Laxus stood up from his seat and walked towards the guild doors only to stop when his grandfather asked.

"And where are you going?" Laxus looked over to his old man and grunted.

"Gonna go check something."

Was all he said before he walked out of the guild hall towards his friends old lodge.

|Timeskip|

Laxus looked around the lodge as time really did a number on it. Almost everything was falling apart as well as anything of personal value was gone.

He sniffed the air and could only smell a faint trace of Kasai that seemed to be a years old.

"Where did you go Kasai?" He murmured softly...