Thirty Two.

I'm sitting on the couch eating a bowl of cereal when the door to our apartment clicks open. Riley walks in, heels clutched in her hand.

She shuts the door and leans her head against it. "Why did you let me drink so much last night?"

"The birthday girl gets what she wants and the birthday girl wanted to do a lot of shots" I laugh.

Shaking her head she walks over and plops down next to me.

"Did you have a good birthday?"

"It was amazing, Peaches" She smiles at me. "It was such a surprise. I can't believe you did all of that for me."

I squeeze her hand. "I would do anything for you."

"So..." she taps my nose with her finger. "What's going on in the Zay department? You guys were together an awful lot last night" She says, grinning.

I have to laugh. "Zay is a really great guy but we're just friends... I guess I just don't see him that way" I shrug.

"Oh" Riley pouts. "I thought maybe there was something there. It's just..." She trails off.

"What?" I turn towards her.

"I don't know... with me and Farkle and Missy and Lucas, whatever is going on there I'm not sure, I just don't want you to feel left out all the time!" She rushes.

I shake my head. "Riley I don't feel left out, you guys always make sure of that."

She pulls me in for a hug. "If you ever do feel that way just tell me."

"I will" I reply, hugging her back.

"Look I know you don't like talking about it but... Lucas" She says quietly, eyeing me.

"What about him?" I ask, clearing my throat.

"Zay is clearly into you, everyone knows it. You came home one night with that Josh kid and then we never saw him again. I just feel like there's something going on with you..."

"With me?" I look at her.

"Or... with you and Lucas" 

"There is no me and Lucas." I state flatly. "He's doing whatever it is with Missy. And we're just friends."

"Maya" Riley grabs my hand. "I see the way you look at him. I see you guys together it's like... I've never seen you like that with anyone else. You guys get along so well and I can just tell that you gravitate towards each other."

I look into her eyes. I can tell she is not trying to upset me. "Riley we are just friends. I swear. Besides, it's Lucas." I shake my head.

"Look... I don't know how you feel. Maybe you don't even know how you feel. But what I do know is that you care about him. Hell, anyone with eyes can see that."

"I care about all of us."

"Okay. I'm going to allow you to lie because I know something is up with you. But you can talk to me about anything, you know that. I'm your best friend!" She squeezes my hand tightly.

"I know. And I love you for that. But there's nothing going on between me and Lucas. I swear" I explain.

"What about Lucas?" A voice calls out from behind us in the kitchen.

We both turn around and see Missy rummaging through the fridge. She turns around, holding a container of orange juice in her hand.

"Uhh... nothing" Riley jumps. "I was just asking if Maya saw how drunk he was last night!" She lies.

Missy laughs. "Oh my god. He was wasted, it was so hilarious. He was calling everyone by the wrong name." She stops to grab a glass from the cabinet.

"What's that?" Riley asks, turning towards Missy.

"Last night he called me Maya when he was falling asleep! He was totally gone!" She laughs, pouring her juice.

My whole body freezes. Riley looks at me, her eyes wide.

"What did he say?" Riley asks nonchalantly.

"Oh nothing much" Missy replies, twisting the cap back onto the juice container. "He just said something like, 'Thanks Maya, you're the best' when I was putting him in bed. It was crazy!"

Oh. My. God. It had to just be that he was drunk. Missy... Maya they both start with M's and he was wasted. Sure he complimented me last night but it didn't mean anything. Not really.

"Well I still had so much fun last night! How surprised were you?" Missy asks Riley, sitting down at the counter.

"I have never been more surprised in my life!" Riley smiles, looking at both of us. "Seriously you two that was the best birthday I could have asked for. You guys are the best."

"You're lucky we love you so much" I grin, wrapping my arms around her.

"That we do" Missy replies, raising her glass in the air. "That we do."