Ten.

I checked my watch again. He was exactly seventeen minutes late. I was fine until nine minutes, which was around the time when I started pacing in front of the closed café doors. Every time I heard footsteps on the sidewalk I looked up, expecting to see him waving at me and rushing to apologize for his tardiness. However, after thirty-six minutes he still hadn't come. What the fuck. What the actual fuck is happening? Maybe something came up and he just couldn't make it and forgot to tell me. Maybe something happened to him. I kept thinking of excuses until I had listed every possible thing that could have happened until Missy's voice found it's way inside my head. Lucas Never Goes On Any Dates Friar. I sat on the bench in front of the café and checked my watch yet again. Forty-two minutes. I wrapped my jacket more tightly around my body. It was cold and I was practically freezing to death on the bench. It wasn't until my hands turned numb that I fully processed what had happened. I had been stood up. I had waited for this boy for almost an hour and let's face it, he wasn't going to come. He had practically begged me to go out with him and he couldn't even fucking show up. Who the hell DOES that? I finally stood up after I had practically become one with the bench from sitting on it so long and started to head home. I didn't realize I was crying until I tasted salt in my mouth. I had gotten about halfway to the apartment when I caught my reflection in a store window and stopped dead in my tracks and turned to look at myself in the glass. My nose was bright red, I was literally fucking Rudolph, and my ears had turned pink despite my attempts to cover them with my hair. My eyes were puffy and the path some tears had taken had frozen onto my face, leaving small streaks of water on my cheeks. I stared at myself for awhile until my eyes turned dark and I clenched my fists by my sides. I am NOT going to go back to my room and cry all night because some stupid ass guy  decided to screw me over. I thought for a moment before it hit me. I bet there's some party and I bet he's there.

I was going to that party and I was going to give him a piece of my mind... and maybe even a nice black eye to match how bruised his ego would be after I was done with him.

***Sorry this is so short but I wanted to put up a small chapter before we could get to the good stuff!! + i'm also vvv sorry about how long it took me to update!! but I've been thinking a lot about the book and where I want it to go so i'm pretty sure I will be updating more frequently (at least I will try to update as much as I can!!!!)