Fifteen.

"SHOTS! SHOTS! SHOTS!" Missy screamed, downing another glass.

I looked down at my feet and then back up at the room. Am I spinning? 

"There you are!" Riley's voice piped up from behind me. "I've been looking everywhere for you guys"

"We've been here!" Missy smiled, nudging her arm. "Here Maya" She handed me another cup.

"Thanks Miss" I smiled, taking a sip.

"Geez, what have you been doing?" Riley asked.

"Kicking ass at pong!" I exclaimed, bumping cups with Missy.

"Since when do you play pong?" Riley questioned.

"Who cares? She's amazing" Missy answered.

"Thank you" I grinned, bowing.

We talked in the kitchen for awhile. Riley had met some guy she could only describe as "God-like". Missy munched on cheese puffs and held on to the counter to keep herself from falling over. There were a few close calls, where it took both Riley and I to hold her up.

"What would I do without you two?" Missy asked, after almost face planting on the tile floor.

"Probably die" I laughed, pulling her into my hip.

"Very true" she smiled, tapping my nose.

"So any action for you?" Riley asked, looking at me.

"Definitely not"

"Any run-ins with Lucas?" 

"One. Nothing I can't handle"

"I know" She sighed. "I just think you should talk to him."

"I know what you think. I just don't think you're right!" I snapped.

"Okay..." She whispered, fixing her halo.

"Riles, I'm sorry I just... I'm embarrassed. Plus I don't need another slapping accident"

"Agreed" She giggled. "Drink?"

"Of course" I smiled, pulling her into a hug.

About three drinks later, at least I think it was three... I had started to lose count, we were talking to some girls in animal ears who were in Riley's math class or writing class or some class I guess.

"I'm gonna get some air" I nudged Riley's arm.

"Okieee. I'll be here!" She giggled.

I started towards the exit of the kitchen, bumping into a few people as I walked... if you could call it walking.

"Sorry!" I smiled, bumping into another person. 

"The door. The door. The door." I whispered to myself as I went towards the back door.

I reached the sliding door to the porch, and thanked my lucky stars that it was opened because I didn't think I would have been able to open it on my own. I made my way to the porch steps. I stood looking out into the backyard and around me at the people. Superheroes, various animals, and sports players were scattered across the grass or talking around a keg. I stood there for awhile until someone spoke up from behind me.

"Hi"

I spun around quickly, too quickly, and lost my balance falling towards the voice.

"Woah there" They chuckled, grabbing my arms and holding me up.

"Thanks" I exclaimed, pushing hair out of my face.

I regained my balance and stood up straight, facing the person who had saved me.

It was a boy. A really nice looking boy. 

"Hi" breathed.

"I'm Zac" He smiled.

"Maya" I replied, smiling back.

"I don't think I've seen you before... I would've remembered a face like that" He chuckled.

I blushed.

"Oh yeah I just started getting into the party scene I guess. You know the drinking and dressing up and alllllll that" 

Shit. I was talking waaay too much. My mind was going a mile a minute and all my sentences were blurring together.

"You're pretty gone aren't you?" He asked, laughing.

"Um I guess sooo"

"I like your costume" He motioned towards my pitchfork.

"Thanks! My friend is an angel so you're really only seeing half of it" 

"Well I like what I see" He smirked.

I started getting a weird feeling in my stomach. Probably just too many drinks.

"Have you ever been outside the house before?" He asked, laying his hand on my shoulder.

"Um no actually. It's nice though" I shrugged.

"I can give you a tour. I've been here so many times I practically live in this house" He bit his lip. "Anything for a pretty girl like you"

"I don't know, uh, I think my friends are looki-" I started.

"C'mon it'll be quick" 

His hand slid from my shoulder to my wrist and he pulled me away from the crowd. As we got farther and farther from the light of the porch I could swear my eyes locked with a familiar pair of green ones. Lucas.