Nineteen.

When we walk into the party we are immediately surrounded by tons of bodies that wreak of alcohol and sweat.

"My favorite smell" Missy breaths in deeply, sighing as she exhales.

"Disgusting" Riley wrinkles her nose.

"I'm gonna go get something to eat" I rush, heading towards a door.

"Uh uh honey" Riley shakes her head, grabbing my arm. "Not without us" She smiles smugly, grabbing Missy by the wrist.

She trudges to the kitchen with Missy and I as her hostages. Once there I quickly scan the kitchen looking for Josh, but he is no where to be found. I turn back around to the girls and see Missy shoving handfuls of cheetos into her mouth.

"What? If I'm going to be bored to death I shouldn't have to be starving too" She shrugs, popping another cheeto into her mouth.

"Yo Zay!" I hear a voice yell from another room.

Zay? I know that name. Missy and I both look at each other, recognizing it. We spin around to see one of the boys we played in pong at the Halloween party. My stomach lurches. Just thinking about that night makes me sick. I wave it off, forcing myself to ignore it. I lock eyes with Zay and he grins at me, walking in our direction.

"Well, well, well. If it isn't the beer pong champs" He exclaims.

"Hello loser" Missy replies smugly, crossing her hands over her chest.

"Well ladies, if you're up for it we would like a rematch"

Missy starts to respond but is interrupted.

"Sorry! They aren't drinking tonight" Riley barks.

"Damn, why'd you bring your mom?" Zay laughs.

"We're under close surveillance" I whisper, rolling my eyes.

"Sorry Minkus, it's a no" Zay turns around and the second boy from our game walks in.

Riley stands up straight, her eyes widening. The boy, Minkus, notices her and stops in his tracks.

"Riley?" He asks, a smile spreading across his face.

"Hi" She tucks a lock of hair behind her ear.

She turns to us and mouths "god". It takes a minute for it to register. This is the guy she has been obsessing over? I turn back to him and cock my head to the side. He is pretty good looking. Shaggy brown hair, tall, blue eyes. Nice job Riles.

"How are you?" He asks, stepping towards her.

"Good. I'm good" She stammers.

Missy and I look at each other and nod.

"Um you two look like you have some catching up to do. We'll leave you to it" Missy smiles, a devilish look in her eye, and grabs my hand.

Riley nods for a second, then shakes her head. "No! We're supposed to stay together"

"Don't worry about it Riles. I think you're in good hands" I assure her, Missy and I slowly backing away.

When Riley turns to Minkus we run into another room, laughing and highfiving each other.

"Maya?" 

I turn around and see Josh.

"Josh!" I smile.

Missy eyeballs him and then turns and looks at me.

"Oh um, this is my friend Missy" 

"Also known as Boozy" She jokes, bumping her hip with mine.

Josh laughs. "Interesting name, you should meet Tiny"

"Sounds like we would get along... I'll look out for him" She replies, backing away from us.

"Miss you don't have to go"

"Don't worry Maya. I think you're in good hands" She mimics me.

"Ha ha" I groan, waving her away.

She leaves the room, shaking her butt at me.

"She's a character" Josh chuckles.

"Yeah, she is pretty interesting" I smile, shaking my head.

We both pause for a moment, looking at each other.

He finally breaks the silence. "So you came!"

"That I did. Just couldn't resist meeting a 6'5 guy named Tiny"

He laughs. "Can I get you a drink?"

I crinkle my nose. "Unfortunately not. I'm under strict orders tonight"

"Wow sounds like a good time"

"I'll get over it"

"So if I can't get you a drink what can I get you?" He asks, adjusting the beanie on his head.

"What do you have?"

"For a fine young lady such as yourself we have the finest Coke in all of the city" He leads me into the kitchen.

While he pours me a cup of Coke I see Riley and Minkus talking awfully close. She laughs and I see the way he looks at her. My heart melts.

Josh taps the cup against my shoulder, "Here you are." 

"Thanks" I take a sip. "So what exactly were you doing in the art building today?" I ask, raising my eyebrow at him.

"Well, if you must know I-" He starts but is interrupted by a loud yell.

"MayaaAAAaaaAAAaaA!" 

I know it's Riley before I even turn around. I would know her voice anywhere.

"Yes Riley?" I ask, spinning around on my heels.

She's pulling Missy by the arm.

"You left her alone?" Riley groans.

"Technically she left me alone!" I argue.

"Who cares?! She's already buzzed. We promised we would stick together!"

"Riley you left us first" I roll my eyes.

"Maya this is serious! She was alone" Riley exclaims, throwing her hands in the air.

"Guys, I'm fiiiine. Don't worry about me" Missy smiles.

"No Missy. We're taking you home. Now" Riley says flatly. 

I turn to Josh, giving him a sad look. I mouth "I'm sorry" and he shrugs, waving goodbye.

Riley taking me away from Josh to save Missy. This is all getting too familiar.