Eight.

"Hey Lucas..." I waved.

"What's up?" He asked, resting his hands on the back of a chair.

"Just studying" I replied, gesturing to the books scattered across the tabletop.

Like it wasn't obvious?

"Who's this?" He asked, eyeing Josh.

"Oh um Lucas this is Josh, Josh this is Lucas"

"Nice to meet you" Josh smiled, standing up to shake his hand.

"You too" Lucas responded with a forced smile.

Both Lucas and Josh looked annoyed with the other.

"So what are you working on?" Lucas asked, taking a seat at the table.

"Math stuff... I have a huge test coming up and I was completely clueless"

"Was?"

"Yeah until I helped her out" Josh responded, smirking at Lucas.

"I see" Lucas replied, confused.

After a few moments of awkward silence Josh pulled his phone out of his pocket and quickly glanced at it.

"Shit, is it that late already? I'm sorry but I gotta go" He said, shoving his phone back into its place.

"Oh" I replied halfheartedly.

Lucas glanced over at me, furrowing his brow.

"I'll be seeing you" Josh smiled down at me.

"Yeah" I smiled back.

After Josh was gone Lucas seemed to relax a bit. He was fiddling with a leather bracelet on his wrist when my bright yellow folder labelled ART caught his eye.

"Is this where you keep your pieces?" He asked, intrigued.

"Mhmm" I hummed, snatching it up. "But you can't look at them" I stated, gripping them tightly.

"C'mon why not?" He asked, tilting his head and peering at me.

"Cause they're the unfinished ones"

"Maya c'mon... I promise I won't laugh too hard at them" he exclaimed, fake pouting.

"Sorry no"

"Mayaaa" He whined

"Hmm... I'm gonna stick with no" I stated, shaking my head.

"Big. Mistake." He smirked.

Within a second Lucas reached across the table, grabbed the folder out of my hands, and held it in his arms.

"How the??!!!" I exclaimed.

He opened the folder and started sifting through the papers.

"Lucas please don't-" I started when he looked up from the papers at me, wide-eyed.

"What?" I asked, suddenly self conscious. "I told you they weren't finished, they're no good!"

He slowly pulled out a large piece of paper and unfolded it completely. He was staring at it, smiling, and shaking his head. I leaned across the table to see what he was intensely staring at. It was the sketch from the park. The sketch of him.

"Oh shit" I breathed, face turning bright red.

"Maya this is so-..."

"Okay look it was the day in the park when we talked it just kind of happened please don't be weirded out i'm not creepy I swear" I rushed