Two.

❝Every now and then the stars align❞

Riley had made a huge deal about what we would wear and how we would do our makeup. The whole time she was going on and on about how this was our first party together and that it would be a night we would both remember for the rest of our lives... Typical Riley stuff.

"Tada!!!" She exclaimed putting down the makeup brush.

I turned to the mirror and my jaw dropped. I did not look like me. My blonde hair was down instead of in my signature messy ponytail, framing my face. I looked older, more grown up.

"Riley, you're amazing!! I look.... Pretty"

"No Peaches, you're beautiful. You always have been you just don't give yourself enough credit" She smiled, squeezing my shoulders.

I stared at our reflections in the mirror. She was wearing a tight purple dress, something Middle School Riley wouldn't have been caught dead in. High school had changed her. She became more mature... But she never lost that sparkle in her eye and never stopped dreaming.

"Ready to go?" She asked, snapping me back to reality.

"Ready as i'll ever be..." I replied, standing up from the vanity chair.

On our way out the door I smoothed down my jeans and straightened my top. For some reason I wanted to look good for this. After being yelled at by Riley to hurry up I ran out the door, making sure to lock it on my way out.

The walk to the frat house was chilly so we were relieved when we heard the booming music and loud voices of people at the party. When we entered the house my senses immediately filled with the smell of alcohol and sweat. I looked around to see if I recognized anyone but I couldn't put a name to any face. The only person I was going to know here was Riley.

"Riley hey!!" Some girl yelled from across the room, making her way over to us.

"Missy!" Riley squealed, engulfing her in a hug.

"How have you been I haven't seen you in foreverrrr"

You could tell she was drunk by the slurring of her words and the smell of alcohol on her breath.

"Really good!! Oh!! This is my best friend Maya!" Riley exclaimed, remembering I was standing behind her.

"Oh em geee hi Maya, I'm Missy!" She wrapped her arms around me tightly and rocked us back and forth.

"Hi" I smiled, trying to be friendly.

"Well I'm gonna get a drink you guys should come too" She giggled, poking Riley's shoulder.

"Okay!" Riley laughed, looking back at me. "Maya c'mon!" She said, grabbing my hand and pulling me towards the drink area.

I walked along beside her, holding on to her hand so I wouldn't lose her in the crowd of people. When we got to the keg Missy was already holding three plastic cups. She handed one to Riley and one to me then looked around. She opened her mouth to say something then gasped, almost dropping her drink.

"What!??!?" Riley asked, eyes wide.

"Fffriar" she drawled.

"No. No way" Riley breathed.

I had no clue what they were talking about.

"Do I look okay? Is my dress low enough??" Missy asked frantically.

"You look great!! How do I look?" Riley replied, checking herself out.

"What are you talking about?" I asked, still utterly confused.

"Friar" Missy replied sharply.

"What the hell is a Friar?"

"That" Riley pointed behind me. "That is a Friar."

I turned to see what she was pointing at and saw a boy. A beautiful boy. A beautiful, tan, muscular boy. I looked back at them, mouthing 'oh my god'. They smiled and squealed, saying "I know!" I turned to look back at him when his eyes locked on mine. My heart was beating one thousand times per minute. Neither of us looked away. What was merely seconds seemed like an eternity and when I finally broke away I realized I had stopped breathing.