Chapter 73- Haters Gonna Hate

The next morning, I woke up naturally, then put on a simple outfit (external link)

Niall was still sleeping in bed, cuddling up to the duvet.

My phone rang on the bedside table. I grabbed it and checked it, and saw that I had a text from someone.

Be prepared and watch your back. I’m coming for you.

I didn't recognize the number on the screen, but it was scary. I had a confused look on my face as I repeated the number quietly to myself. I've never seen it before in my life.

“What’s wrong love?” An Irish accent asked in its husky morning voice.

I jumped and gasped, surprised by Niall's presence.

“Sorry, babe, I didn’t mean to scare you.”

“No, it’s fine. Nothing’s wrong.” I lied, hiding my phone behind my back.

“Are you sure?”

“Yeah, everything’s great.” I assured, faking a smile.

He got out of bed, walking towards me. “Jasmine, I can always tell when you're lying to me. This smile," he pointed to my smile, "isn't real. Where's my princess's beautiful smile?"

I let my grin fall. “Niall, I can handle it.”

“Please, just tell me. Maybe I can help.”

I sighed, slowly handed him my phone.

He looked at me with a flustered expression on his face.

“Just read it," I softly said.

He read over it, eyes scanning the text over and over again. “Jasmine, who sent this to you?” He demanded, anger clear in his voice as he clenched his jaw tightly.

“I don’t know,” I mumbled, looking at the ground.

He cupped my chin in his hand, making me look up at him. “Jasmine, I’ll take care of this, I promise.”

“No, Niall, you don’t have to. It’s probably nothing.”

“No, this is definitely something.”

“I can deal with it.” I tried reassuring him.

“This is serious. I wouldn’t want anything to happen to you; ever.”

“I don’t want you worrying about me.”

“Jasmine, are you stupid? I need to help you!” He yelled bitterly.

Stupid? 'Are you stupid' he says?

“Maybe I am. Maybe I'm just stupid.” I hissed. I grabbed my bag and started walking out of the room, down the quiet hallway.

“Wait, Jasmine! I didn’t mean to say that-”

“But you did say it.” I interrupted.

“Jasmine, please,” he nearly begged.

“Niall, just leave me be for once.”

“Fine, where are you going to go?” He asked smartly, assuming I have nowhere in mind.

“I'm going for a walk, maybe to Libby’s house; maybe not. We’ll see, I haven’t decided yet.”

“Don’t do this.”

“Why not? I don’t know what to do. I’m stupid, remember?” I sneered. I kept walking and slammed the door behind me.

Liam came out of his room, probably confused on the sudden noise. He must’ve seen the anger and sadness in my eyes. “What’s the matter? I heard the door slam.” He questioned.

“Don't ask me, I'm stupid!" I almost shouted, throwing my hands up for emphasis.

He looked at me, confused. "Um..."

"Ask Niall." I huffed.

He sighed. "You're no stupid."

“Try telling that to him." I pointed to my hotel room. I kept walking. I walked past the lobby and onto the streets of California. I turned left, and walked away from  my problems, as usual.