Chapter 41- Rebounding

The next few days had gone by pretty quickly. I got up in the morning of the day we had to leave, and put on a cute outfit (external link).

We, all piled into two car, my eyes watering the whole drive. Soon, we were at the airport saying goodbye to my family.

“I love you so much.” My mom whispered into my hair, hugging me tightly in her warm and comforting arms. A few of her salty tears rolled down her cheeks and down her chin.

“I love you, too. I’ll see you soon, ok?” I cooed, pulling away, and swiping a few stray tears of my self off my face.

She nodded, holding me at arms-length away.

I went over to my dad and gave him a huge hug as well. “Bye, Dad. I love you.” I said quietly. If I spoke any louder, I know I would burst into hysterics.

“I love you, too," he wrapped his gigantic arms around my torso, holding me against his chest. "Come visit."

"Don't worry, I will." I assured.

I said bye to Isabelle and Alison, giving them both hugs and kisses, and started boarding the plane. I turned around to wave one last, sad goodbye.

Then, we left.

***

We landed in England about eight hours later. We took a car back to the flat and I dragged all of my luggage into the house.

I set down my stuff by the stairs and huffed. How am I going to lug all this stuff up there?

A hand grabbed at my suitcase and lifted it up off the ground effortlessly.

I looked up to see Liam grabbing my things. “Thanks," I smiled softly.

He nodded in response. "Do you want them in your room?”

“Yes, please.”

We walked upstairs, Liam leading the way, and he set my bags down beside my bed.

“Thanks, Liam.” I acknowledged.

“You’re welcome." He sighed, standing in the doorway, hand on the doorknob of the closed door. "Jasmine, thanks for being so understanding while I’m trying to get over Danielle. I really appreciate it.” He addressed, giving me a hug.

“It’s no problem. If you ever want to talk, I’m here for you.” I assured, wrapping my arm around his toned torso.

He slowly pulled away and looked into my eyes. I was so focused on his colored marbles, that I hadn't realized he was leaning in until I felt his warm breath wash other my face.

Before I had time to think, our lips met. I was so confused; I didn’t know what to do. I tried pulling away but he had a grip on my waist. I finally was able to pull my head back and I pushed myself off of his chest. I just stood away from him, bewildered and shock.

“Jasmine, I’m sorry.” he started.

I put a hand up to silence him. “Wh-what… Why would you… You just… And…” I couldn’t even speak, because I was so aghast.

“I’m so sorry. It was impulse. I'm so used to having Danielle around that I guess it was a force of habit." He paused, scratching the back of his head. "Unless maybe I really do like-"

“Don’t even say it, Liam.”

“Maybe I like you.” he finished sternly, not listening to my words.

“No. No you don’t. You are probably just rebounding because you just broke it off with Danielle, like you said.” I hesitated.

“What if I really like you? It’s possible, isn’t it?” He demanded.

“No. You can’t. I’m dating Niall."

He took a few steps closer to me, pressing me against the wall. He put his arms on the wall behind me, leaning closer. “I would treat you so much better than him. He cheated on you. I would never do that.” He whispered angrily. His hot breath fanned over my face.

“Liam, there's nothing to discuss here, because I love Niall. We aren't talking about this.”

“Yes, we are talking about it; just admit it.”

“No, Niall and I are together. Please, just leave it at that.”

He pushed himself off of the wall and paced back and forth in my room, fisting his hair and sighing. “Fine. I’m sorry. I probably am just rebounding." He said, almost painfully. "But if he ever hurts you again, just know that I’ll be there for you. Always.”

I exhaled the breath I didn't realize I was holding. “Thank you, but I really don’t think he would do that again. I trust him." I put a reassuring hand on his shoulder. "Don’t worry, you’ll find a girl; that gir; just isn't me.”

He just stood there, nodding and looking at the ground.

“Liam, I’m sorry. I love Niall and that’s how it is.” I said, grabbing his hand.

“I know, I know." He hissed. "And I know I’ll move on, too. In time.”

“I know you will.”

He pressed his lips together so hard that they started turning pure white. “Can we not tell anyone about this?” He practically begged.

I nodded. “But if anyone asks ‘Have you kissed Liam lately?’ I’m not covering for you.” I joked, giggling.

He gave a weak smile. “I highly doubt anyone will ask.”

It’ll be ok. He’s just rebounding, right?