Chapter 29- Leaving Ireland

The next few days went by pretty fast. Maura was very sweet and very welcoming. As we were leaving, Maura’s eyes filled with tears.

“I’ll miss you, Niall.” She said, giving him a huge hug. “I love you.”

“I love you too.” He said back.

I stood there awkwardly, playing with my hands as I stared at them. It made me realize how much I miss my family. Even if I went home, they wouldn't be there; they're travelling nationwide.

Finally, Maura turned to me. “It was very nice to meet you. You’re a beautiful, sweet, caring girl. I’m glad Niall found someone like you.”

“It was nice meeting you too. Thank you so much for letting me stay in your home the last few days."

“It was no problem.” She said, giving me a nice hug. "Visit any time you want."

***

We were in our seats on the jet, and I leaned my head against Niall's broad shoulder.

“So, what did you think of my mum?” Niall asked me.

“You didn’t tell me she was such a sweetheart. She was so nice. I had a good time this weekend. Thanks for inviting me, and I hope she liked me.” I said, smiling.

“Are you kidding? She loved you! I was nervous about bringing you because it’s nerve-racking bringing any girl home. Out of all the girls I’ve brought home, she’s always found something wrong about them, but she adores you.” He linked his hand with mine.

“I’m glad. I really enjoyed spending the past few days with you and your family.”

“I’m happy you came along.”

***

We got off of the elevator and stumbled through the door of the flat with our luggage and everyone mobbing us in hugs.

“We missed you so much!” Liam said. “How was your trip?”

“It was great!” I answered. "But we were only gone a few days."

"I doesn't matter. The house was way too quiet without you two. You're easily the loudest people in the house," Harry stated.

I giggled and I grabbed two of my smaller bags and started heading for my room.

“I’ll get your other bags,” Niall declared, starting to grab my heavy suitcases.

“You don’t have to,” I voiced.

“I want to. You’re my girlfriend now, so you’re my princess.” He winked.

I blushed. “I’m not a princess,”

“You're right. You're not a princess, because you're my princess.” He said pecking my lips softly. We headed upstairs and he set my bags down.

I decided that I would unpack later, and I checked my phone and the time said 7:00pm.

“Hey, Niall,” I said. “Are you hungry?”

 “Yeah, I’m starving! Want to go to Nando’s?”

“Sure, I’ve never been there before.”

“What?" he asked in disbelief. "Ok, this is an event everyone needs to be here for. Has Gaby been to Nando’s?”

“Probably not. There are no Nando’s in America.”

“Alright, we’ll grab everyone and go!”

"You're really excited about this, huh?" I laughed.

"Oh you have no idea." he smiled, kissing my cheek, grabbing my hand, and pulling me out the door with everyone at tow.