Chapter 42- Ice Cream

I went to go see Niall, guilt eating up at me for not telling anyone about kissing Liam. I knocked on his bedroom door.

Niall opened it and quickly grabbed me by my waist and lifted me over his shoulder. "Hey, babe."

“What are you doing?” I asked, laughing.

“Just having some fun!” He answered, giggling as well.

My long brown hair was whipping all over the place as Niall spun around with me slug over him like a sack of potatoes.

Finally, he quickly, yet gently, lay me down on his bed. He lay down next to me and turned his body towards mine.

I did the same and just gazed into his gorgeous ocean-blue orbs, that sparkled in the light.

“You want to go out for ice cream?” He asked excitedly.

“Do you only think about food?" I joked.

He shook his head. "Yes, I think about food a lot," he started with a huge grin on his features, "but usually the only thing running through my mind nowadays is you." He kissed my nose with his soft pink lips.

I felt my cheeks go red-hot with embarrassment, but I was flattered. I put my hand on his cheek gently. "I love you," I smiled shyly.

"I love you more. I love you more than there are people in the world!" he spread his arms out wide to resemble the world.

I blushed even more. "Why are you so happy today, Horan?” I asked, giggling.

"How can you tell?" he grinned.

"Your eyes are lit up like stars," I started, "and your smile is bigger than ever." I kissed him and grinned into the smile like him.

“Well, I just got a call from Paul saying we’re going on tour again in three weeks. We’re going to Australia, and then America again."

The smile fell off my face. "That's great," I said in fake happiness. I was so proud of him for being able to tour worldwide, but I also knew that it would mean leaving me for months at a time.

He obviously noticed my sadness, because he stroke my face gently. "Jasmine, don't be upset, hon. He said you and Gaby could come with us.”

My eyes lit up in shock and my mouth fell open. “Seriously?” I asked rhetorically, sitting up.

He nodded excitedly, sitting up as well.

“That’s great!" I hesitated. "But won’t we interfere with your work?”

“Not at all. I love you and if I left you, you’re all I’d be thinking about.”

“Really?” I blushed once again.

“Really,” he said, giving me a hug. He paused. “So. How about that ice cream?”

I laughed and nodded my head.

***

We started walking towards the ice cream shop and when we got there, got our orders taken. We took our ice cream outside to eat while we walked in the park, not wanting this beautiful day to go to waste. I observed everything around us, just embracing it.

Niall like his hand with mine, standing right next to me. “Hey, Jasmine.” he said, capturing my attention.

I turned my head towards him. Next thing I know, I have chocolate ice cream on the tip of my nose, dripping off my face.

“What was that for?” I asked humorously.

Niall laughed. “You look cute like that. You should wear it more often.” He said.

“Oh, really?”

He nodded, licking his ice cream cone.

I swiped my strawberry ice cream across his cheek. I giggled. “You’re right. Ice cream is totally wearable this season.”

Then he put more of his ice cream on my cheek.

“How dare ye!” I exclaimed in a goofy tone.

He laughed.

I mashed mine on his entire face.

“Oh, it’s on!” He exclaimed. He chased me around the entire park until finally, he caught up with me, his long legs giving him an unfair advantage. He grabbed my waist and pulled me down to the ground, making sure I land safely on his chest.

We lay in the grass laughing. He turned his body to me, and then he smeared the rest of his ice cream on my face.

“I guess it’s even now.” I chuckled.

“I guess so,” he said, smiling. Then, he came closer and kissed me, lingering there for a while. He then kissed my nose, sneakily tasting some of the ice cream.

I giggled.

After, we got up, and started walking back towards the ice cream shop.

I grabbed some napkins off of the front counter, despite the weird looks Niall and I recieved when we arrived with ice cream-covered faces. I wiped my face clean of all the sticky substance. Then, I gently wiped Niall’s cheeks free from ice cream, saving his lips for last. When I wiped his lips, I went on my tip toes and sweetly kissed him.

"Mm, sweet." I winked.